- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is the upcoming sequel to the mega-popular Marvel’s Spider-Man that was released for the PlayStation 4 exclusively on September 7, 2018.
- To amass even more hype for the title, PlayStation has announced the “Stronger Together” sweepstakes bundle giveaway for aspiring fans.
- The bundle is loaded to the brim with goods and includes a Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition console bundle, a 65-inch OLED TV, and a myriad of other items.
- The giveaway is for US citizens only. You have until October 16 to enter the giveaway.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is already taking no prisoners with the amount of anticipation it has generated among the community, but PlayStation is still out here trying its level best, and raising the bar even more. The company, in recent times, has announced the Stronger Together Sweepstakes on X, giving away the mesmerizing Spider-Man-themed PlayStation 5 console, the game itself, and an array of other goods.
If you head over to the Sony Rewards web handle, you can sign up for the sweepstakes and proceed to check out all that’s included in the giveaway. Do note that you have until 16 October to participate in the giveaway—submissions or entries following that period will not be entertained. Here’s a full list of everything PlayStation has accumulated to bless one lucky person with:
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition PlayStation 5 Console With DualSense
- A Digital Copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- 65″ 4K HDR OLED Smart TV
- $250 PlayStation Store Gift Card
- Spider-Man: No Way Home [Blue-ray]
- Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse [Blue-ray]
- 25,000 Sony Rewards Points (Valued at $250)
- 12-Month PlayStation Plus Premium Membership
Yeah, that’s pretty much heaven coming toward a certain someone when the giveaway ends and the winner is announced. But, wait, we haven’t gotten to the “Stronger Together” part yet. Alongside all this stuff, the winning individual will receive 5 additional Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 copies, 5 Limited Edition DualSense controllers, and 5 12-month PS Plus Premium memberships to give away to their friends.
Related Content to Check Out:
- You Can Buy Another Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Console Bundle On Oct. 20
- Here’s What You Should Do To Prepare For Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Is Taking Me Back To The Golden Era Of Spidey Games
That’s pretty wild, along with the fact that you do not have to make any purchases to participate in the giveaway. One restriction worth factoring into account here, though, is that the promotional event is for US citizens only. That is a bummer for those situated elsewhere, leading many to express their disappointment for the decision.
In other news, however, the forthcoming gargantuan PlayStation exclusive has suffered a leak in recent times, making it certain to some extent that the Platinum trophy for the game can be unlocked in about 30 hours. For those not in the know, doing that, otherwise known as “platinum-ing” a game, is when you achieve 100% completion for it, and go through all side missions and tertiary objectives.
One thing that has me particularly interested, especially after beating the schmuck out of the first Marvel’s Spider-Man, is that no graphics mode in the sequel will have ray tracing disabled for it, and that’s according to Insomniac’s Director of Core Technology, Mike Fitzgerald. Sitting down in an interview, Mike went on to say how the studio has harnessed how the visuals should look like in a Spider-Man game, saying,
And for this game we’re really able to deliver that as a baseline performance mode. There’s no mode of this game that has the ray tracing turned off, no need for it. We’ve really figured out how to deliver what we feel like is the right Spider-Man visuals and we want to make sure every player is seeing that.”
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 will make landfall for the PlayStation 5 exclusively on October 20, 2023, with no early access period nor cross-gen support.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍