- The patch notes for NBA 2K24 v1.3 reveal some gameplay changes, improved game stability, and further adjustments to different aspects of the game.
- This update also seeks to improve quests and progression in MyCareer with bug fixes and balancing.
- The developers have been consistently updating the game, as evident from the changes to the badge system nearly a week ago.
- The patch will go live on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S soon. However, no release date has been given as of yet.
The patch notes for v1.3 of NBA 2K24 have been released, revealing some gameplay changes, adjustments, and bug fixes coming in the update. The patch is only for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions, and its release date has not been given yet. Combined with a recent update, this should have significantly improved certain parts of the game that were under heavy criticism.
There have been very few changes to the gameplay side, which isn’t a surprise considering the developers don’t want to focus on that part unless necessary for a few months. The update tightens the perimeter defensive coverage checks to reduce “ghost contests” players were experiencing in-game. The window size of open meter dunks has also been increased.
As for the MyCareer mode, the “RISE-specific Heat Check Booster” has been adjusted to activate after 3 made shots in a row, which was previously 5. A bug that caused an indefinite hang when loading a MyCareer save has been fixed. Another issue that prevented players from receiving rewards upon completing quests, including Rebirth and Badge Perks, has been addressed.
When attending practice after the final game of the NBA season, a loophole occurred that caused issues getting through the offseason, which should be fixed after this update. Aside from that, adjustments have been made to ensure that Flashback games can be played at any time during the NBA season. These and the update released nearly a week ago have significantly improved certain parts of NBA 2K24.
Data from your games arrived & its made it clear how badge progression is going. Expectations were set for ship & its evident we overshot at times. Harder to hit badges suffered most but others as well. Todays update (in combo w/ late last week) hits the following issues #NBA2K24 pic.twitter.com/IAaHTgMfkU
— Zach Timmerman 2K24 (@CHoops4Life) September 19, 2023
The producer at 2k Sports announced several changes to the highly criticized badge system, which have been well-received by most of the community. Not only that, but the developers seem to be planning consistent updates to improve the state of the game. The patch notes for v1.3 came with a developer note saying that there will be an all-encompassing patch released in early-mid October, which will span the entirety of the game.
- NBA 2K24 Devs May Never Solve Badge Regression Problems
- NBA 2K24 v1.2 Patch Notes Revealed; Update Fails To Address Issues With Badge System
- A Nintendo eShop Glitch Prices NBA 2K24 Black Mamba Edition At $1
NBA 2K24—the most recent NBA 2K game and a not-so-well-received title—was developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Games. The annual iteration of the NBA 2K series was released on PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 8, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍