- Palworld developer Pocketpair’s community manager has reported receiving death threats and threats to the company.
- Pocketpair’s representative has also reported that Palworld’s artists have been receiving death threats.
- The game’s success has attracted a fair amount of controversy, as many have accused the company of using AI-generated content.
Palworld developer Pocketpair’s community manager revealed in a tweet that he had been receiving death threats, alongside threats to the company following the massive success of the game. Palworld recently crossed 1.3 million concurrent players on Steam, becoming the most-played game on the platform just a few days after its launch.
Frantically working through all my DMs and emails!
I promise! 😓
…However, you'll excuse me if I skip over the death threats, threats to the company and massively outlandish claims…
If you're capable of writing like an actual human being though, I'll reply asap! 🙇♀️
— Bucky | Palworld & Craftopia (@Bucky_cm) January 21, 2024
It wasn’t just the community manager who reported receiving death threats. Takuro Mizobe, Pocketpair’s representative, revealed in a tweet that the company had been receiving slanderous comments and death threats against their artists. As translated by Google, Takuro Mizobe also requested everyone refrain from slandering the artists involved in Palworld’s development.
- Palworld’s Concurrent Player Count Now The Highest On Steam, Save For One Game
- Palworld Devs Issue Update On Server Outage As Player Count Crosses 1.3 Million
- Palworld Crosses 1 Million Concurrent Steam Players, Surpassing CS2 And Dota 2
Palworld’s viral success has also attracted a fair amount of controversy. Many people are accusing Pocketpair of using AI-generated content for Palworld. Some of these people have resorted to attacking the devs on social media.
Pocketpair released Palworld in early access on January 19, 2024. The game is currently available to play on Xbox consoles and PC. On the other hand, many fans have shown positivity and expressed that they stand with devs through this ordeal. The success can also attract toxicity, but it is our job as gamers to keep our community healthy for everyone.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍