- Goichi Suda has confirmed that Shadows of the Damned remaster will release in 2024.
- According to the developer, Grasshopper will have a busy 2024 with a new title also in the works.
- The original Shadows of the Damned came out in 2011 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
In year-end creator interviews for 4gamer.net, Grasshopper Manufacture founder Goichi Suda revealed that the Shadows of the Damned remaster is going to launch in 2024. The game designer, also known by his Suda51 alias, said that the next year is going to be lively for Grasshopper, with the Japanese developer also working hard on a brand-new title.
2024 will be a lively year for Grasshopper. A remaster of Shadows of the Damned will be released. And we are hard at work on a new title!”
Shadows of the Damned remaster was revealed last year in a live-action announcement trailer that featured the main character Garcia Hotspur shooting a dev. Published by Electronic Arts, the original title came out in 2011 as a third-person action-adventure shooter. Developed by both Shinji Mikami and Goichi Suda, the project was a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration between the legendary game designers.
The shooting game follows Garcia Hotspur, a Mexican demon hunter, who ventures into the City of the Damned to battle all the evil inside and save his girlfriend Paula, who is a captive of the Demon Lord Fleming. Shadows of the Damned launched to generally positive reviews, with its gameplay, bosses, and music receiving special praise.
Other Content to Check Out:
- No More Heroes’ Director Wants To Create A New Deadpool Game
- Alan Wake Remastered Made No Royalty Revenue During Q1 2022
- Saints Row: The Third Remastered Might Be Coming to the PlayStation 5
However, even with this reception, the game wasn’t a financial success for EA. In North America, Shadows of the Damned only sold about 24,000 copies on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 combined. No platform is confirmed yet for the upcoming remaster, but hopefully, it will perform better in sales whenever it is released.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍