- Tales of Arise has seemingly surpassed over 2.7 million copies, as clarified by the producer Yusuke Tomizawa during an interview.
- The entry gained an additional 700,000 boost after April of last year, surprising many gamers for the swiftness in sales growth.
- It came out to critical acclaim on September 10, 2021, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Tales of Arise has continued to sell in bulk throughout the current year after basking in a successful launch. The producer Yusuke Tomizawa recently appeared in an interview with 4Gamer.net and disclosed a new milestone for the action RPG. It has seemingly sold over 2.7 million copies. To put things into perspective, the title had sold over two million copies as of April 2022, suggesting that it shifted another 700,000 over a year and a half.
There were a large number of new players and players who had not played the game for a long time, and we were able to sell more than 2.7 million copies worldwide, an unprecedented number for a standalone ‘Tales of’ title,” said Yusuke Tomizawa.
The interview also mentions that the JRPG was designed in a way to resonate with the old and new players alike. It does not hold back from adopting new styles and features whilst securing the essence that made the series what it is today.
Other Interesting Reads:
- Microsoft Could Lose $120 Million Now That Overwatch League Is Officially Dead.
- New Like A Dragon Gaiden Launch Trailer Shows Blazing Combat And Mini-Games.
- Baldur’s Gate 3’s In Japan To Feature Censorship For Adult Content.
Tales of Arise has been a staggering success, considering the huge swaths of sales and positive player reception. As a result, Bandai Namco could be working on new Tales projects behind the curtains. The company trademark filed a name dubbed “Tales of Arise: Beyond the Dawn” in Europe last year, attracting the eyes of many onlookers. It was later released in the form of an expansion, boasting a generally positive outlook among the fans.
The entry launched to critical acclaim on September 10, 2021, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC. It was supposed to come out a year earlier but went through a delay in the development process. The JRPG has proven to be among the most popular in recent times. eXputer’s Huzaifah Durrani reviewed Tales of Arise with a massive 4.5/5 score, praising it for excellent combat, characters, and story.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍