- Daedalic Entertainment has confirmed that the apology message, posted shortly after The Lord of the Rings: Gollum’s failed launch, was uploaded without the studio’s approval or knowledge.
- The official “The Lord of the Rings: Gollum” Twitter account is handled by Nacon, who allegedly used ChatGPT to write the apology, as claimed by two anonymous sources from Daedalic.
- The publisher did not even bother proofreading the apology as it was riddled with blatant misspellings.
Speaking in a recent video report by Game Two, Daedalic Entertainment has confirmed that the apology message, posted shortly after The Lord of the Rings: Gollum’s failed launch, was uploaded by publisher Nacon without the studio’s approval or knowledge (timestamp – 36:00). Additionally, two anonymous sources from Daedalic have told Game Two that Nacon used ChatGPT to generate the apology (thanks, Knoebel).
For many players, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is the worst game this year. Shortly after its release, it was met with heavy criticism and a myriad of negative reviews. As such, an official apology claimed to be from the developer team was issued, but it appears that Daedalic had no knowledge of this apology letter. The game’s official Twitter account is handled by Nacon, who didn’t consult with the developers before uploading it.
What’s even more interesting is that two anonymous sources from Daedalic have told Game Two that this apology was generated using ChatGPT. People already knew that little effort was put into this apology as it misspelt the game’s name as “The Lord of Ring: Gollum.” With the recent discovery, some people have tried to recreate the apology themselves using the AI tool and have found surprisingly similar results.
A few words from the " The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ " team pic.twitter.com/adPamy5EjO
— The Lord of the Rings: Gollum (@GollumGame) May 26, 2023
It is somewhat astonishing that we are able to find even more things wrong with The Lord of the Rings: Gollum months after its release. Unfortunately, the failed launch has resulted in the termination of other projects at Daedalic, some of which fans were eagerly waiting for. But it also serves as an important reminder for developers and publishers, in this case, to release games in a more polished state.
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Releases On The Same Day As Final Fantasy 16
- Lord Of The Rings: Gollum’s ESRB Rating Goes Live
- The Lord Of The Rings: Gollum Is Officially The Worst Game Of 2023 By Far
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is an action-adventure game developed by Daedalic Entertainment, who also co-published the game with Nacon. The game quickly caught everyone’s attention due to the IP’s popularity but failed miserably due to its state. It was released on PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on May 25, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍