- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre surpassed four million players in its first month.
- Based on the IP of the same name, the game was first launched on August 18, 2023, on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Xbox Game Pass.
- The game revolves around survival, challenging players to navigate treacherous environments and outwit their opponents.
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, an asymmetrical multiplayer horror game based on the IP of the same name, has gained an impressive player count in its first month. Developed by Sumo Nottingham and published by Gun Interactive, the official Twitter account shared the big news that the game surpassed 4 million across all platforms, with a playful remark about a “whole lot of BBQ”.
Over 4 Million players in our first month.
That's a whole lot of BBQ. pic.twitter.com/KVF808b7Ec
— The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (@TXChainSawGame) September 21, 2023
For those who don’t know, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre focuses on survival where players choose to play as a family member or a victim, with a total of three family members and four victims available. Matches take place in one of three maps: the Slaughter family house, the gas station, and the slaughterhouse. Each map has a day and night version, changing the lighting and atmosphere.
Other Content to Check Out:
- Metal Gear Solid Master Collection’s Frame Rates & Resolution Unveiled; There’s No 4K Support
- Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 Is Live; Overhauled Gameplay Systems & Performance Improvements
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Review – CD Projekt Red Has Finally Delivered
While it is unclear which platforms gained the highest player count, one could guess that the huge numbers could come from Xbox Game Pass which passed $230 million in one month. Only time will tell if the game can maintain consistency in the following months.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍