Hearty Durian was one of the best food materials in Breath of the Wild. By cooking five durians together, you would get Hearty Simmered Fruit. It would give Link Full Recovery as well as 20 temporary hearts. Here’s all you need to know about the Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Hearty Durian.
Are Hearty Durians In Tears of the Kingdom?
Unfortunately, there are no signs of Hearty Durians in Tears of the Kingdom. Hearty Durians were found in the Faron area of Breath of the Wild. But if you visit it in Tears of the Kingdom, you will not be able to find them. There is no official reason given as to why they weren’t added.
However, it is speculated that the item was an unfair advantage. You could quickly get around 15 Durians in the Faron area, which makes 3 Hearty Simmered Fruit. The players would never face any real difficulty while trying to speedrun the game. Each time you would lose the 20 temporary hearts, you could get them back by eating another Hearty Simmered Fruit.
Hearty Durian Alternatives
Even though there is no Hearty Durian, however, you can find a lot of alternatives in the game. Most other Hearty Items have been added in Tears of the Kingdom. Here is the list of all the replacements in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Hearty Radish
- Hearty Salmon
- Hearty Lizard
- Hearty Truffles
- Hearty Bass
1. Hearty RadishHearty Radish is the best alternative for Hearty Durian. They can be either Hearty Radish or Big Hearty Radish. The Big Hearty Radishes are rare; however, they are just as good as Hearty Durians. On its own, Big Hearty Radish heals a total of 4 hearts, and Hearty Radish heals 2.5 hearts. On cooking, they give extra hearts and fully recover all hearts.
In any case, you will need to explore Sky Islands to find them. In fact, you will not find a single radish on the surface. You can find these radishes in the Lanayru Sky Archipelago, South Lanayru Sky Archipelago, and West Necluda Sky Archipelago.
2. Hearty SalmonHearty Salmon is another great alternative for Hearty Durian. They are quite rare, just like Big Hearty Radishes. They can heal four hearts on their own. Additionally, on cooking, they make a full recovery and give extra hearts as well. They can be found in the Docks of Hyrule Castle as well as some parts around Rito village. They will respawn rarely, so they’re not as good as Hearty Radishes.
3. Hearty LizardHearty Lizards are quite rare in nature but work very well as a replacement for Hearty Durians. Unlike the above-mentioned items, you cannot cook Lizards as normal food. If you cook them with other food items, then the only thing you will make is dubious food.
However, if you add Hearty Lizard with monster parts, it will make a Hearty Elixir. It will give you both full recovery and temporary hearts. You can find them in the Necluda region caves. However, they are very fast, and many players might be unable to catch them. The fastest way to get them is by buying them from Beedle. You can buy them for 100 rupees.
4. Hearty TruffleHearty Truffles are mushrooms that work very well as Hearty Durian replacement. You can find Hearty Truffles as well as Big Hearty Truffles.
Hearty Truffles can recover two hearts, while Big Hearty Truffles recover four hearts. On cooking, Hearty Truffles give full recovery and give temporary hearts to Link. However, Big Hearty Truffles are only known for extra temporary hearts. They can be found in the caves of East Necluda and the Gerudo Deserts.
5. Hearty BassHearty Bass are the most common hearty ingredient you can find in the game. They can spawn in random water bodies and recover two hearts on consumption. Like all other Hearty food, the food made using Hearty Bass gives full recovery and extra temporary hearts. They can be found primarily in West Hebra Sky Archipelago and the Necluda Sky Archipelago.
Hearty Durian was one of the best items in Breath of the Wild. Unfortunately, the devs didn’t put Hearty Durian in Tears of the Kingdom. But there are a few alternatives that work, as well as the Durian. Hearty Radishes are the best alternatives and can be found on the Lanayru and West Necluda Sky Archipelago. Hearty Salmon is a good replacement as well and can be found in the Hyrule castle Docks, the same place you find the Hylian Shield.
The hearty Lizard is very tough to find, so you are better off buying it from Beedle in one of the stables. Hearty Truffles also work similarly to hearty durians, but the big hearty truffles are mainly used for temporary hearts only. Hearty Bass is a fairly common hearty item and can be found in the Necluda Sky Archipelago as well as the West Hebra Sky Archipelago.
- Tears of the Kingdom: Fierce Deity Armor
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: Bubble Gem
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Dinraal
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Master Cycle Guide
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍