- Baldur’s Gate 3’s hotfix #8 shaves His Majesty once again after fans complained about the majestic cat’s new appearance.
- The hotfix also addressed several bugs, crashes, and visual issues.
- An issue with the companions transferring all story items to the player on dismissal was also fixed.
Larian Studios released hotfix #8 for Baldur’s Gate 3 today, fixing several issues as well as restoring His Majesty to his hairless glory once again. The hotfix also fixed several visual bugs and crashes, alongside the issue where the companions would transfer all the Story items to the player character when being dismissed.
Hotfix #8 is now live for Baldur's Gate 3. This update addresses several crashes and issues, including your party members transferring every important item to you upon dismissal.
More importantly, we shaved His Majesty.
— Baldur's Gate 3 (@baldursgate3) October 3, 2023
His Majesty, a cat, grew some fluffy hair in patch #3 of Baldur’s Gate 3, which was released a few weeks ago on September 22. The change wasn’t taken lightly by fans who wanted His Majesty to be shaved again, among other issues. According to the patch notes, the decision to make His Majesty a furry cat was to separate his looks from Steelclaw, another hairless cat in the game.
In hotfix #8, His Majesty was shaved again as he lost his furry appearance. Steelclaw’s eye color was changed instead to make it easier to differentiate between the two hairless cats. Additionally, the hotfix also restored Raphael’s hair color and horns, making him handsome and fashionable again.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Surpassed Starfield As The Most-Played Game On Steam Deck Last Month
- Handsome Squidward Mod In Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Stuff Of Nightmares
- Leaked Email Shows Microsoft Severely Underestimating Baldur’s Gate 3
Furthermore, the hotfix addressed several crashes, including a crash that occurred when re-assigning characters in split-screen, as well as a bug in Vulkan that caused the game to crash due to the DEVICE_LOST error. An issue where Skeletons that were raised using the Animate Dead spell were not using their ranged weapons was also fixed.
Baldur’s Gate 3 was released on August 3, 2023, on PlayStation 5 and PC. The game also became available on Mac OS with patch #3 on September 22. The DnD-inspired RPG is also expected to come to Xbox Series consoles later this year.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍