- God of War Ragnarok is the sequel to the 2018-released God of War by Santa Monica Studio.
- In the wake of the holiday season, the game has received a 43% discount on the PS Store for the PS5.
- The Digital Deluxe Edition of the game has been discounted by 38% as well, packing a ton of goodies.
Don’t tell me you held back on one of the best PlayStation games out there, but if you somehow did, now’s the time to axe your way to Midgard. God of War Ragnarok, Santa Monica Studio’s magnum opus, has been treated to a discount on the PlayStation Store by a margin of 43% for the PlayStation 5. In case you’ve got the PS4, you can get it for even cheaper, at about $29.99 which is a 50% off.
PlayStation 5 users, therefore, can grab their copy for about $40 at the moment, which is a cool $20 off of Ragnarok’s default MSRP. Those with a PlayStation Plus Premium subscription can opt to try a 3-hour free trial of the action-adventure before diving into the purchase, but make no mistake, this game does not need a trial to prove its worth—Kratos sees to it personally.
Lastly, there’s also the Digital Deluxe Edition of God of War Ragnarok that’s up for grabs with a promotional price point. Costing about $80 in regular scenarios, the variant at hand can be bought for approximately $50 right now, and I’d say this is about as good as it gets from a price point of view. Deluxe Edition owners get the following goodies as part of their buyout:
- God of War Ragnarok PS4 Or PS5 Base Game
- Darkdale Armor
- Darkdale Attire (Cosmetic)
- Darkdale Axe Grip
- Darkdale Blades Handles
- Dark Horse Digital Art Book
- Official Digital Soundtrack
- PSN Avatar Set For PS4 Or PS5
This seems like the perfect excuse to get into the 9 realms if you haven’t already. And now that Valhalla, which is basically the cherry on top here, is out as well, fun times await ahead getting to the bottom of Kratos’ redemption arc following the ending of the base game. Regarded as nothing short of a love letter to fans of the franchise, I vouch for the expansion myself and highly recommend that you try it.
In other news, a rumor circulating the internet as of late has the God of War community extremely intrigued. According to a known industry insider, the original God of War trilogy is about to receive a remaster, though it’s not clear yet whether this project will be more on the remake side or not. God, I sure hope it truly is.
Other Content to Check Out:
- Did Atreus Just Subtly Hint At The Next God Of War Game In The Works?
- God Of War Ragnarok: Valhalla To Feature Unique Trophies
- Dev Releases Hilarious God Of War Ragnarok Blooper Video
God of War Ragnarok came out on November 9, 2022, for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 exclusively, earning a stellar 4.5/5 rating in eXputer’s review. Santa Monica recently released the game’s first-ever DLC out of nowhere, titled Valhalla, and did so for free for the God of War players. We rated the expansion 5/5, highlighting the depth of content involved that the developer could’ve easily charged for.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍