- Tekken 8 receives patch 1.01.04, bringing tons of balance and behavior changes.
- The update has nerfed several characters.
- It is the first balance update since the game’s launch on January 26, 2024.
Bandai Namco has rolled out patch 1.01.04 for Tekken 8. The update mainly focuses on balance and behavior changes of several moves of different characters. Devil Jin, Jun, and Leo were some of the characters that were affected the most by the balance update. Note that this is the first balance update since the game’s launch on January 26, 2024.
According to the patch notes, Devil Jin’s Hellsweep has been adjusted to address the high total damage output of the resulting combo, compared to other low attacks in the game. Furthermore, Devil Jin’s Mourning Crow 1 has also been adjusted, making it easier for the opponent to sidestep it.
On the other hand, Jun’s absurdly damaging wall combo has finally been fixed. Before the update, Jun could do f,f3,3+4 into 1+2 to deal massive damage to the opponent at the wall after a combo. Additionally, Jun’s uf1 has also been affected by the recent update, altering the opponent’s reaction upon hit and invalidating some follow-ups that resulted in exceedingly high-damage output.
- Tekken 8 Has Already Blown Past Its Predecessor’s Peak Player Count On PC
- Tekken 8 Devs Announced Hori Arcade Stick Giveaway To Celebrate Game’s Launch
- Tekken 8 Director Says Tifa Is Attractive; Has Yet to Decide On Guest Characters
Tekken 8 has just launched recently on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC. It is the latest addition to the longest-running video game franchise. eXputer has rated Tekken 8 a solid 5 out of 5 in its review, praising the game’s excellent mechanics and narrative. If you’re a new player, you might want to check out our guide on some of the best beginner characters to give yourself a headstart.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍