Lockwood 680 is one of the best shotguns in MW3 that can be a beast in close combat. If you are experienced with shotguns, then you just need one shot with Lockwood 680 to kill the enemy. However, to do that in MW3 with Lockwood 680, you would need the best loadout and class setup.
Lockwood 680 Best Loadout
Here is an overview of the best Lockwood 680 loadout and class setup in Modern Warfare 3:
|Bryson Hammer forged Long Barrel
|XRK Edge BW-4 Handstop
|Matuzek Lightbearer Ergo Guard
|Express Light Bolt
|Sawed Off Mod
|Overkill Vest, Ordnance Gloves, Covert Sneakers, and Ghost T/V Camo.
|Semtex and Battle Rage.
|MCW or M4.
To enhance the gameplay with Lockwood, it is essential that players keep its range in consideration. To be clear, it is not good at all, so I have managed to do something about that shortcoming with the best loadout.
The following are the best attachments to use with Lockwood 680:
- Barrel: Bryson Hammer forged Long Barrel
- Underbarrel: XRK Edge BW-4 Handstop
- Guard: Matuzek Lightbearer Ergo Guard
- Bolt: Express Light Bolt
- Stock: Sawed Off Mod
On a shotgun, I would advise against using a scope as the iron sight is more than good. Also, all of your fights are going to be in close quarters, so a scope would just be a waste. For starters, go with the Bryson Hammer forged Long Barrel, as it gives Lockwood 680 the boost in range it needs. The difference is noticeable, and I assure you it will enhance your gameplay.
- For Underbarrel I went with the XRK Edge BW-4 Handstop.
- Now, with a shotgun, you will need a boost in speed as the combat is going to be close quarters.
- The Underbarrel gives you a boost in the STP speed along with ADS speed.
- Matuzek Lightbearer Ergo would be perfect for the Guard, in my opinion.
- When playing with Shotguns, players are bound to miss shots.
- I missed quite a few shots with the Lockwood 680, but the Guard helped me get back on my feet.
- It gives a significant boost to the rechambering speed of the shotgun, which allows way quicker follow-ups than before.
- So, even if you missed a shot, you will have enough time to land on another one.
Regarding the stock, I think the best option is the Sawed-Off Mod. Just like the Underbarell, the stock also increases the ADS and STF speed, which will make you even quicker. The main goal for the Lockwood 680 loadout in MW3 is to increase the range while ensuring players can still make the one-shot kills, and I think it is the best one.
Best Class Setup
- Perks: Overkill Vest, Ordnance Gloves, Covert Sneakers, and Ghost T/V Camo.
- Equipment: Semtex and Battle Rage.
- Secondary Weapon: MCW or M4.
Overkill Vest is one of the best vests in MW3, and it goes well with the loadout. It will even let you have another primary weapon, which is precisely what’s missing. I would recommend you choose M4 or MW as the other primary weapon, as you would need them in mid-range fights. The Overkill Vest also lets you reload the weapon while sprinting and instantly switch between the weapons.
The Ordnance Gloves will increase the range of your throwables, and on top of that, it will reset the timer on the grenade that you throw back at the opponents. Covert Sneakers will allow you to move across the map with silent footsteps. The Ghost T/V Camo will make sure you do not appear on the enemy’s UAVs, and like Covert Sneakers, it will reduce the footstep noise.
For the equipment, I went with the Semtex and Battle Rage. Semtex is just a good throwable overall, so it is worth using. The Battle Range is necessary with the build, as most of the fights are going to be in close range. So, you will need to recover from the aftermath as soon as possible.
My Take On The Lockwood 680 In MW3
I think the Lockwood 680 is a great shotgun and can annihilate anyone in short-range combat.
I have spent over 100 hours in MW3, and I have never dominated the close-range combat as I did with Lockwood 680. Of course, there are better options, but I prefer Lockwood 680. There are some drawbacks, but the loadout and the class setup give it enough speed and range to dominate the lobby.
That is almost everything you would want to know about the best Lockwood 680 loadout in MW3. While you are at it, you should also check out the guide on the best LMGs to pick out one that suits your preference. After that, read the guide on Infinite Money Glitch in MW3 Zombies to use it before it gets patched.
When you are done with that, visit the page of the guide on the mission Automated Backup if you are having trouble with it. Lastly, check out the guide on the Toxic Damage kills in MW3 Zombie Mod to complete the challenges and unlock camos. If you are having trouble with playing friends in MW3, you can check out the Steam Community Page for more information.
Read More Loadout Guides:
- MW3: Best TYR Loadout & Class Setup
- MW3: Best FR 5.56 Build, Loadout & Class Setup
- MW3: Best AMR9 Loadout & Class Setup
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍