Elden Ring is known and loved due to its unrealistic difficulty levels and challenging bosses. One such boss that has got players screeching in pain is Maliketh, the Black Blade, an extremely powerful foe with two successively difficult phases. Moreover, this boss isn’t optional, so you have to deal with him.
Scarlet Rot Build
- Use Scarlet Rot against Maliketh, and for this, I strongly suggest using the ‘Rotten Breath’ incantation for potent Rot damage.
- Opt for Dragon Communion or Finger Seal, both scaling with Faith; Finger Seal is effective against Maliketh.
- Equip Finger Seal, summon your Mimic Tear, and let it continuously cast Rotten Breath.
- During the first phase, apply Rotten Breath, mix in hits, and dodge attacks.
- In the second phase, focus on dodging and healing while consistently using Rotten Breath.
- Optional: Use Rot-inflicting swords like the Rotten Crystal sword.
- Focus on a bleed-oriented build due to Maliketh’s susceptibility to bleed damage.
- Utilize the ‘Swarm of Flies’ incantation to release a swarm of bloodflies automatically targeting Maliketh, inflicting bleed damage.
- Combine the incantation with the Dragon Communion seal, scaling with faith and arcane for optimal effectiveness.
- Equip weapons with high bleed damage to enhance the overall build.
- Employ a hit-and-run tactic by summoning a mimic tear, using Swarm of Flies, and capitalizing on openings for attacks.
- Stay agile during the second phase, dodge enemy attacks, and use pillars strategically for defense.
- Maintain the strategy of spamming Maliketh with Swarm of Flies while letting the mimic tear absorb
- With persistence, the combination of bleed-focused attacks and strategic dodging should lead to victory against Maliketh.
Swarm Of Flies location
The Swarm of Flies incantation can be found on a corpse lying along the east side of the Mohgwyn Palace blood marsh, towards the Northern direction of the Palace Approach Ledge-Road grace site.
Mohgwyn Palace is a region that lies beneath Caelid, and it can be accessed by using the Pureblood Knight’s Medal given by White-faced Varre or, alternatively, through a portal in the North of the Consecrated grounds. This is the region where you face Mohg Lord of Blood, one of the game’s strongest optional bosses.
Dragon Communion Seal Location
You can find the Dragon Communion Seal by going through the Fringe folk Hero’s Grave, which lies near the Stranded Graveyard site of grace at the game’s beginning.
At the site, you’ll need to use two Stonesword Keys on the double Imp statues and then head straight down the tunnel with the chariot up until the point where the path splits up. Move upwards and progress till you reach the end of the tunnel. You will get the seal upon killing the enemy present in the room at the end of the tunnel.
General Tips For Maliketh Boss Fight
I’ve covered much of the technical aspects regarding the fight with Maliketh, but some general advice might also work wonders for you, especially if you’ve been stuck on this boss for some time now.
- In phase 1, Maliketh appears as a Beast Clergyman; in this phase, you mainly have to find the gap between his thrust and slash attacks to hit him once or twice.
- Whenever he starts to throw rocks or projectile claws at you, dodge them.
- You can use the large pillars in the arena as cover when trying to heal or dodge projectiles.
- Do not stay there for too long because he’ll generally go around them.
- In his second phase, Maliketh’s attacks will do more damage, so try to dodge as much as you can.
- You’ll also have to dodge the energy projectiles he throws at you.
There are certain attacks that you have to avoid at all costs, an area of effect attack when Maliketh stabs his sword into the ground and another attack when he begins roaring, which can render you motionless and allow for follow-ups.
Moreover, Maliketh’s attack will do damage over time in the second phase. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you equip yourself with an item that gives you passive health regeneration. While mentioning items, why not read our Elden Ring Item Tier List?
You can come face to face with this formidable enemy at Crumbling Farum Azula after you have burned the Erdtree in the game’s final act. Once you’ve dealt with the boss, Leyndell will be reduced to ashes, with much of the city becoming inaccessible. So, it’s required that you take care of all the Leyndell quests before facing Maliketh. You’ll have to beat Maliketh in order to progress with the game’s main storyline.
And with this, our Elden Ring Maliketh cheese guide comes to an end. We hope that you’ll follow the strategies laid down by us and properly use your mimic tear, select a suitable build, and also bear in mind our tips. Follow these steps, and you will most likely be successful in your fight against this legendary boss.
Other Elden Ring Boss Guides:
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍