Godrick, the Grafted is considered as one of the hardest early-game bosses to beat in Elden Ring. Like all other Great Runes, you get them by defeating respective bosses. Godrick in Elden Ring can be located at the Secluded Cell Site of Grace the Stormveil Castle. My Godrick’s Great Rune location guide entails how to activate the great rune of this boss after acquiring it by defeating the boss.
You may continue reading the guide or watch our video for detailed information on activating Godrick’s Great Rune in Elden Ring.
How To Find Godrick’s Great Rune
Related: Elden Ring Radahn Cheese method
Once you’ve defeated Godrick the Grafted, you’ll receive 20,000 Runes, Remembrance of the Grafted, and most importantly, Godrick’s Great Rune. You can get Roiger’s Rapier by visiting Rogier merchant after defeating Godrick, the Grafted. Confused on what build or starting class to choose to defeat Godrick the Grafted easily, check out our guide on Elden Ring best builds guide and start leveling up appropriately.
Godrick’s Great Rune Activation Tower
Now you might be wondering what use is the Great Rune to you? As mentioned in the description “Seek the Divine Tower of Limgrave, which stands beyond the great bridge from Stormveil Castle ”. You have to travel to the location of the Divine Tower of Limgrave. There, you’ll see a glowing rune to activate Godrick’s Great Rune at this location.
To get to the Divine Tower of Limgrave from the location where you defeat Godrick the Grafted is quite easy. For that, I’ll suggest that you go to Rampart Tower. That’s because it is relatively easier to get to the Divine Tower of Limgrave from there to activate Godrick’s Great Rune.
Before you begin on your journey to the Divine Tower, collect Rune Arcs from wherever you can. They grant you the blessing of the Great Rune that you’ve equipped.
Reaching Divine Tower of Limgrave
Okay so, to get to the activation location of Godrick’s Great Rune in Elden Ring, I suggest you follow these steps:
- Accessing Godrick’s Great Rune Activation Location:
- I suggest you travel to the Rampart Tower to access the activation spot for Godrick’s Great Rune in Elden Ring.
- Navigating to the Activation Spot:
- Once at Rampart Tower, go back and descend using the lift.
- Proceed to the room where you defeated the multi-armed enemy.
- Following that, take a left at the room’s end to reach a courtyard.
- Descend the hill, rolling past enemy soldiers and monsters for easier traversal.
- Upon passing through the door arch, head left to enter the castle area while avoiding the lion.
- Climbing Stairs and Crossing the Bridge:
- Climb the stairs, leading to the bridge connecting Stormveil Castle and The Divine Tower of Limgrave.
- Be cautious to avoid waking stone giants and reach the teleporter.
- Use the teleporter to cross to the other side of the bridge.
- Open the door to access the Divine Tower.
- Utilize the lift to reach the top side
- Activating Godrick’s Great Rune:
- Proceed along the straightforward route from the lift to reach the Activator.
- I suggest you interact with the Activator to restore the Great Rune’s power.
- A message, “Great Rune Restored,” will appear on-screen.
- Perform a Rune Arc with the equipped Great Rune (Godrick’s Great Rune) to activate it.
Godrick’s Great Rune Stats
Once you’ve activated Godrick’s Great Rune at its location in Elden Ring, you can equip it. Equipping it will increase all of your attributes. For that, you will need the Rune Arc.
If your player dies on the journey, the buff that you get with Godrick’s Great Rune will end. You will have to activate again by traveling to the Divine Tower of Limgrave.
Acquiring Godrick’s Great Rune In Elden Ring
If you still haven’t defeated Godrick the Grafted to get the Godrick’s Great Rune in Elden Ring. Then you can try it now. defeating him is hard, but not impossible. Here is what I suggest you need to do:
- Preparing for Godrick:
- I suggest you understand Godrick’s challenges; he holds Godrick’s Great Rune in Elden Ring.
- You’ll find Godrick tough, with swift movements and a need for specific equipment compared to Margit.
- Understanding Godrick’s Difficulty:
- You should know Godrick’s agility despite his size; he has fast recovery between attacks, making him formidable.
- He’s considered the toughest demigod-boss, according to the Elden Ring Boss Tier list.
- Significance of Defeating Godrick:
- It’s essential for you to defeat Godrick to progress and unlock the next Elden Ring area.
- Guidance on Facing Godrick:
- To improve your chances, understanding Godrick’s abilities and combat style is crucial.
- Optimizing Boons for Battle:
- I recommend you explore the first area to discover boons aiding in the fight against Godrick.
- These boons will greatly enhance your chances of defeating Godrick and obtaining Godrick’s Great Rune.
Some of the boons that you can get to fight Godrick the Grafted and get Godrick’s Great Rune are:
Godrick Boss Fight Phase One
During the first phase, Godrick will use his ax and agile movements to fight you. You have to stay away from his ax and deal damage to him. To make the fight easier, here’s what you can do.
Nepheli Loux is a warrior that wields an ax. She offers her assistance in fighting Godrick the Grafted. But to get her, before entering the fog gate to fight Godrick the Grafted, go in the opposite direction and down the stairs. From there, you’ll face two guards with a giant troll. You can either fight them or get past them. I recommend going past them as it is easier and less time-consuming.
Now follow the cobblestone road until it bends. Now go to the doorway on your left, and down the stairs. There you’ll find Nepheli Loux standing in front of a knight’s corpse. Speak with her by using all dialogue options and she will offer her assistance in the fight against Godrick the Grafted.
Now, her summoning pool will appear when you’re about to enter the Fog Gates to Godrick and his Great Rune.
Godrick Boss Strategy
To get Godrcik’s Great Rune located at Stormveil castle in the Elden Ring, you need to be prepared and come up with a strategy. You can’t just go fight with one of the strongest Bosses of the Elden Ring and expect to win on the first try. To help you, I’ve prepared a strategy for you.
When the fight begins, summon the Ashen Remains as they will be keeping you and Nepheli Loux alive by negating damage. Because as long as Nepheli Loux is alive, she will deal massive damage with her ax.
During the fight, you can’t stay back and expect your companion and spirits to defeat Godrick. Make sure that you’re playing aggressively and by behind Godrick and away from his ax. As he starts to swing his axe, you need to back away as he will create cyclones around him that will deal tons of damage.
He can hurl gusts of wind at you too, so you need to be prepared to dodge him. He often rolls around the ground and then attacks with his ax. This again can take up to half of your hp.
All in all, the best strategy is to level up your weapons and your character. To level up your melee weapons, staff, ranges weapons, and gear, check out our Elden Ring Blacksmith Location guide, and if you want to learn which weapon is the best, then our Elden Ring Weapons tier list will offer great help.
If your character is up to the level, the fight will be relatively easy for you. And you can get Godrick’s Great Rune at this location quickly in the Elden Ring. To get an HP boost in the early game, I recommend that you select Crimson Amber Medallion as a keepsake. This will slightly increase your overall health.
Also, if you want to level up faster in the game and become overpowered for the bosses, then consider reading our Elden Ring Rune Farming guide. Wanted to acquire some of the keepsakes provided at the beginning of the game? Read our Elden Ring best Keepsakes and find out.
Godrick Boss Fight Phase Two
When in his second stage, Godrick picks up a dragon’s head and grafts it on his body. The dragon’s head spews away fire, and Godrick combines this with his wind gusts and cyclones to increase the damage. Here, your strategy is almost the same but you need to be cautious to defeat him and get Godrick’s Great Rune in the Elden Ring.
Fireproof Dried Liver
We ranked Fireproof Dried Liver as one of the best items in our Elden Ring Item tier list. The Fireproof Dried Liver increases your fire damage negation temporarily. To craft this, you can find its crafting recipe in Armorer’s Cookbook 1. The cookbook is located to the north of Merkwater Cave in a soldier’s camp.This item will help you a lot as it will reduce the damage taken.
Godrick the Grafted’s attack pattern changes a little in stage 2. He uses the dragon’s head as a flamethrower and deals massive damage to the player. But the good thing is that this ability is easy to dodge.
Keep rolling when in front of Godrick, as he will grab you with the dragon’s head and burn you with fire. If he grabs you, you’ll most likely end up dead and will have to try again.
Whenever Godrick is raising his dragon arm, you need to back away because he will then aim this fire at the ground. If you are near it, you’ll take massive damage. So play aggressively but be wary of his attacks. You’ll defeat him in no time.
Once you defeat Godrick the Grafted, you’ll get Godrick’s Great Rune.
Godrick’s Great Rune location in Elden Ring is easy to find. He is the first main boss that you need to defeat to progress in the game. Godrick’s Great Rune has great stats. It increases all of the players’ attributes. This is a great buff for players who are finding it hard to defeat certain enemies. It will make fights easier for a lot of players.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍