One item that perhaps might be the strongest in Elden Ring is going to be the Rune Arc when used correctly. This special item is used a lot, and you can even Farm Rune Arcs offline in Elden Ring.
What Is The Usage Of Rune Arc?
The Rune Arc in Elden Ring serves a dual purpose. Initially, consuming it boosts your maximum health, offering a modest benefit. However, its true value emerges when used to activate Great Runes obtained from defeating main bosses. Based on my gameplay experience, these Great Runes provide significant perks, transforming you from a mortal into a skilled warrior and allowing you to surpass your limits. To unlock these potent abilities, I would suggest you to pair the Great Rune with a Rune Arc.
- Once you have unlocked a Great Rune’s power from the Divine Tower, you can equip it at a site of Grace.
- However, equipping it does not mean you get the buff.
- Once it is equipped, go into your inventory and consume a Rune Arc to activate the Great Rune’s Perks.
- The Great Rune perks only last until a player’s death. Once you die, you will need to redo the process.
Rune Arc Locations
Based on my gameplay experience, there are three ways that you can get your hands on Rune Arcs. You can find them in different locations and loot them. Defeat enemies for a chance for the enemies to drop them, and lastly, you can purchase them.
Locations Where Rune Arcs Can Be Found
The first way that I recommend is to find them all over the map in Elden Ring. You can find them on corpses, near Erdtrees, or even in chests. They are shattered all over the most waiting for you to discover them.
In my experience, You can find Rune Arcs in four chests:
- Near the Atlas tunnel, accessible without enemy encounters. It’s located in a cave near a site of Grace.
- Next to a site of Grace at the Coal Mine, easy to spot with no guarding mobs.
- Hidden at the snowy peaks of Albinauric Rise in the Consecrated Snowfield, on a platform you’ll need to reach.
- Guarded by a Great Sage at the Academy Crystal Cave. Defeat the Sage to access the chest and collect the Rune Arcs.
The most frequent place where you will find Rune Arcs in Elden Ring will be Random Corpses that you find while wandering the lands. Be sure to check them. Here are some of the places that I suggest you to keep an eye out for:
- Corpses at Dragon Temple: One by Phantom Tree outside, one near a deteriorating pillar inside.
- Rune Arc-holders near Liurnia of the Lakes: One by a merchant in the wild with boulders, one in enemy territory after clearing The Four Belfries outpost.
- Corpses by a small fire: One in Castle Sol, one in Dragonbarrow.
- Catacomb corpses: One in hidden room activated by lever at Unsightly Catacombs, one near stairs at Road’s End Catacomb.
- Tunnel corpses: One in main cave at Sellia Crystal Tunnel, second at Sealed Tunnel near Abductor Virgin
Once you slay the Omenkiller present in the village of the Albinaurics, you can look around to locate a corpse with a Rune Arc in the area. The rest of the four corpses holding the Rune Arcs will be located at Caria Manor, Fort Gael, Spiritcaller’s Cave, and Caelid, respectively. They are out in the open and easy to spot, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding them.
A few of the Rune Arcs in Elden Ring won’t be in chests or on corpses. Some are just found sitting at random spots in the game, such as under the staircase at Cliffbottom Catacombs. You can find two at Rune Arcs at the Leyndell Royal Capital.
For the first one, you will have to get to the room located under the dragon’s wing, and the second is internal to the Fortified Manor. You will find a table that is covered with swords with the Rune Arc on it. One Rune Arc can also be found under the Erdtree, which is located in Caelid.
Places To Purchase Rune Arcs
- The second method is purchasing Rune Arcs from game shops or vendors, but it’s not sustainable due to varying prices and limited supplies.
- Five shops in Elden Ring sell Rune Arcs: Liurnia of the Lakes, Mountaintops of the Giants, Hermit Merchant’s Shack, Mohgwyn Dynasty Mausoleum, and Roundtable Hold. The latter sells 5 Rune Arcs, while the former four each sell 3.
- Prices for Rune Arcs differ by location, with most merchants offering them at 4000 runes per Rune Arc, while others charge 8000 runes. I suggest you to farm them to save runes for stat leveling
Kill Enemies To Gain Rune Arc
The third and most effective method will be to kill enemies and obtain it from the loot they drop. I suggest you to team up with friends and defeats bosses together, which is an easy and reliable way to get them. There are Mobs in the game that have a certain chance to drop Rune Arcs. You can reset mobs and keep on killing them to farm Rune Arcs.
There are two main spots to get Rune Arcs from in the Single Player mode. You can do the Volcano Manor’s mission in which you have to assassinate a few targets. Three of these targets will give you Rune Arcs once you successfully defeat them. Old Knight Istvan, Rileigh the Idle, and Great Horned Tragoth all three will drop Rune Arcs upon death. The second way is to kill Giant Rats which have a slight chance of dropping a Rune Arc.
MultiplayerThere are three bosses you can beat as an invader in multiplayer. Once someone summons you, you can defeat the Furled Finger to gain the first Rune Arc. The other two are relatively easier. While you are an invader, slay a Host of Fingers and a Hunter to gain two Extra Rune Arc drops.
Rune Arc Farm
To farm Rune Arcs in Elden Ring:
- Multiplayer Method: Participate in multiplayer games to invade and defeat bosses. Each boss kill as an invader rewards you with Rune Arcs.
- Offline Method: Farm Giant Rats in locations like Castle Morne, which have a low chance of dropping Rune Arcs. Here’s how to do it:
- Find a location with Giant Rats and a nearby site of Grace.
- Giant Rats are easy to kill and respawn when you sit at a site of Grace.
- Repeatedly kill them and reset by sitting at the site of Grace.
- This method can yield Rune Arcs over time, and the effects last until death.
You will need Rune Arcs to make the game easier. However, you will need to know the best class in Elden Ring to survive in the game. Check out our guide on Elden Ring Best Classes and Best Swords guide, so you are prepared for boss fights. You can also try different Builds, such as BEST Faith Build or Blood Build, to find the Best build that suits your play style.
- BEST Ashen Remains With Locations
- BEST Dex Weapons
- Elden Ring BEST Weapons
- Best Sacred Seals & How To Get Them
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍