The Forgotten Commune is a sewer-like dungeon in the latest DLC of Remnant 2, the Awakened King. You can reach this place relatively early in the Forlorn Coast area of Losomn, but I’d advise being cautious as, from my experience, the Commune can be highly frustrating.
How To Reach The Forgotten Commune
Players can reach the Forgotten Commune by entering the sewers found early in the Forlorn Coast, then proceeding deeper inside until they eventually find a shining wall leading them to the Commune.
First, you’ll need to enter the Awakened King DLC from the World Stone at Ward 13. From here, you’ll begin at your first primary location, the Forlorn Coast, in Losomn.
- Following the docks upon entering the Coast, take the first left into the sewers.
- Turn and head right, and a shining entrance on your left should take you to the Forgotten Commune.
Key Items At The Forgotten Commune
The Forgotten Commune is an extremely tight area where enemies can ambush you, thanks to the area’s dark atmosphere. My tip for quickly going through this area would be to use weapons with high staggering ability and check every room you enter cautiously to scan any nearby enemies.
Ring Of The Castaway
The Ring of the Castaway is one of the earliest items you can pick up in Remnant 2’s Forgotten Commune. This ring increases your base Consumable-item Duration by 50%, making it an addition against bosses.
You can get the Ring of the Castaway using the following procedure:
- From the Commune’s starting checkpoint, turn left and go straight until you spot a long ladder.
- Climb the ladder and the following staircases to reach a wooden shed.
- Ascend the ladder behind the shed and jump onto the tunnel before you.
- From here, you’ll encounter some Fae enemies atop a bridge and a platform connected to a ladder on your left.
- Jump to the platform, climb the ladder, then climb the subsequent ledges to reach a corpse with the Ring of the Castaway.
Elowen, The Dran NPC
You can meet a maddened Dran NPC in Remnant 2’s Forgotten Commune after you reach the second checkpoint. Simply head forward from the checkpoint and drop down to the lowest floor via the ladders, then follow the voice into an abandoned house, and you’ll find the NPC sitting and rattling.
- Most of Elowen’s dialogue options lead to the same conversation where she talks about the Awakened King and what he did to the Commune.
- You can also find a letter beside her where you can learn more about her backstory.
The Ritualist Scythe is a melee weapon primarily suited to the Ritualist Archetype you unlock in the Awakened King DLC. Its Mod ability, Reaver, grants +10% melee damage when the target is suffering from a Negative Status Effect. However, to get the Scythe, you must complete Elowen’s questline, which begins after first meeting her.
Here’s how you can obtain the Ritualist Scythe in Remnant 2:
- After talking to the NPC, head outside and go through the tunnel, follow the narrow path, and open the first shortcut.
- Go straight ahead and follow the walkway and subsequent tunnel leading you to the Befouled Altar, killing who will give you the Scythe Blade.
- Proceed back up the boss arena and go through the tunnel on the right-hand side that’ll eventually take you to the second checkpoint shortcut.
- From here, follow the shortcut route through a series of planks and ladders, then carefully drop down the pit along the path and pull the lever beside you to open the sewer gate.
- Go through the tunnel opposite the gate that takes you directly to another Befouled Altar, which you can kill to receive the Scythe Hilt.
- Finally, open your inventory and inspect the Hilt, then rotate the Hilt’s narrow half towards you until you see the Interact option.
- Press the interact button, then combine the Scythe Blade with it to craft the Ritualist Scythe.
Befouled Altar Boss Fights
The Befouled Altar is the main boss of the Forgotten Commune, whom you encounter twice in the area. This is a gimmick boss fight, in which the Altar itself is passive and doesn’t attack you, and instead spawns enemy waves after it drops to certain HP levels.
Here are some noteworthy tips for beating the Befouled Altars:
- Only use your melee weapon to damage the boss itself.
- When the boss screaches, activate your abilities and weapon’s mod and eliminate the enemy wave.
- After clearing each wave, wait for your abilities to recharge, and then shoot the Befouled Altar with your Long Gun until its Mod Power recharges.
- Once your mod’s fully recharged, you can continue hitting the boss with your melee weapon and repeat the cycle for the following enemy waves until you’ve killed the Befouled Altar.
That wraps up my brief guide on the Forgotten Commune in Remnant 2, detailing its location, boss encounters, and notable vital items. In my experience, beating the boss was ten times easier than reaching it, so if you’re still struggling to make your way through this area, you can switch up your gear and see what weapons make the area easier.
Don’t forget to check out Usama’s review of The Awakened King DLC to see where the developers did and didn’t succeed with the expansion. If you want to dive into more DLC content, check out my guide on escaping the Ethereal Manor in Remnant 2.
- Remnant 2: How To Get Stasis Core
- Remnant 2: How To Unlock And Upgrade Ford’s Scattergun?
- Remnant 2: How To Get Unsullied Heart Relic
- Remnant 2: How To Solve Door Puzzle At Lament
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍