The Remnant 2 Shadeskin is one of the 17 Unlockable Traits that specializes in boosting your character’s defensive capabilities. This Trait adds resistance to elemental status effect damage, making it the ideal passive bonus against enemies that cause status buildups like Bleeding or Corroded. However, due to Remnant 2’s random world generation, getting to the Shadeskin’s overworld may be considerably more time-consuming.
How To Unlock The Shadeskin Trait In Remnant 2?
To get the Shadeskin in Remnant 2, you must first get to the Butcher’s Quarter, one of the Dran-populated overworlds in Losomn. Butcher’s Quarter is a side area tileset, making it reachable from either the Asylum or the One True King storyline.
However, like most side areas, there’s a chance this dungeon might not spawn in your playthrough, so you’d have to reroll until you come across its entrance.
- You can identify the Butcher’s Quarter’s entrance from an arch door surrounded by several burning buildings.
- If you see a rectangular door instead of an arch, you’ll go to the Cotton Kiln dungeon, and if the burning buildings include a Clock tower, that’s the entrance to the Lemark District.
- After reaching the Quarter, progress through the area until the World Stone checkpoint at the far end of the dungeon.
- From the checkpoint, head straight, and you’ll come across a traitorous Dran staked and about to be burned by the surrounding neutral Dran mob.
- Letting the Dran burn will reward you with the Shadeskin Trait, after which the neutral Drans will turn hostile, so keep your guard up for the upcoming encounter.
Upgrade Path For The Shadeskin
As mentioned, the Shadeskin Trait, at Level 1, increases resistance against elemental status effect damage by 2% and gets a further increase with each upgrade till its maximum level. Like most Traits, you can level up the Shadeskin by either leveling up your Archetype or with Trait Points, a currency earned from getting a Tome of Knowledge.
- The easiest way to farm the Tome of Knowledge books is by killing bosses in either Campaign or Adventure Mode.
- However, the maximum number of Trait Points you can store is capped at 65, so you’ll have to choose which Traits to partially or fully upgrade.
- Furthermore, once the Shadeskin reaches its max level, you can equip it alongside any other Archetype in Remnant 2.
For further details, you can find the Shadeskin’s max level and item effect with each upgrade from the list below:
|SHADESKIN LEVEL||RESISTANCE AGAINST ELEMENTAL DAMAGE|
That wraps up this brief guide on the Remnant 2 Shadeskin Trait, covering its location, item effect, and upgrade path. In most runs, you’ll notice that the damage over time from the in-game elemental status effects can frequently be lethal, which is why this specific Trait can be a lifesaver in those frustrating situations. And if you’re wondering about how it stacks up with respect to stats, check out this Subreddit Post to gain further insight into the matter.
For other ways to diversify your toolset, consider reading up on Dual Archetypes and how they work to pair the Shadeskin with other potent Archetype Traits. To further improve your defense against elemental attacks and effects, here’s a list of all in-game armor sets you can include in your build. And while you’re at it, find the best weapons in Remnant 2 and wield the best arsenal of firepower you can!
- Remnant 2: How To Find & Use Ornate Key
- Remnant 2: How To Solve Forgotten Field Puzzle
- Remnant 2: How To Get & Use Plain Ribbon
- Remnant 2: How To Solve The Water Harp Puzzle
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍