The open world of Elden Ring is a big maze that may seem like a straight path from one point to another but the locations are incredibly interconnected with each other. The amazing part of the game is that most of these locations have secret passages that you can reach only after acquiring required items, and Rold Lift is one of them.
How To Get To Rold Route
Similar to the Grand Lift of Dectus, the Grand Lift of Rold is an important location in Elden Ring. This particular location can be accessed after defeating a certain boss and reaching the far end of Leyndell Royal Capital. This guide provides a detailed description of the location of the Grand Lift of Rold route.
These are the steps I took to get to the Grand Lift of Rold:
- Reach Leyndell Royal Capital: To access the Grand Lift of Rold, you first need to reach Leyndell Royal Capital. This area contains important map fragments and various items you’ll need for your journey.
- Obtain the Map Fragment: As you explore Leyndell Royal Capital, make sure to obtain the map fragment for this area. It will help you navigate and locate important landmarks.
- Find the Avenue Balcony: Access the crucial southbound main road by heading to the Avenue Balcony in Leyndell Royal Capital, essential for reaching the Grand Lift of Rold.
- Head East: Follow the main road south until you reach a large door. Open this door to gain access to the eastern part of Leyndell Royal Capital.
- Climb the Stairs: Ascend the staircases beyond the door, exercising caution with the encountered enemies—engage or ignore them based on your discretion.
- Activate the Elevator Lever: At the top of the stairs, you’ll find an elevator lever on the far left. While this lever doesn’t control the Grand Lift of Rold, it’s an important landmark on your path.
- Take the Elevator Down: Ride the elevator down to the Forbidden Lands. This is a new area you’ll need to traverse to reach the Grand Lift of Rold.
- Navigate the Forbidden Lands: In the Forbidden Lands, face foes like the Night’s Cavalry and the Black Blade Kindred. Overcome or bypass them to proceed on your journey.
- Locate the Grand Lift of Rold: Beyond the Black Blade Kindred, you’ll find a large building that houses the Grand Lift of Rold. This is your destination.
- Acquire the Rold Medallion: Defeat Morgott, The Omen King, to obtain the Rold Medallion. Afterward, speak to Melina to receive the medallion needed to activate the lift.
With the Rold Medallion in your possession, you can now use the Grand Lift of Rold to access new areas and continue your journey.
Secret Passage From Rold Medallion
Assuming you have reached the Rold route or Grand Lift of Rold for that matter, now the straightforward way here will be to reach Mountaintops of The Giant by hoisting the Rold medallion. However, there is a secret passage here that requires a secret medallion.
If you have the Haligtree medallion in your possession, which you can’t have if you are visiting the Grand Lift of Rold for the first time, the Rold Lift will take you to Consecrated Snowfield. This unique and secret location is home to tons of secret locations and NPCs such as Latenna in Elden Ring. You can also continue Millicent’s questline after accessing this secret passage.
Also, this location can further take you to the most challenging boss in the game called Malenia. If you have reacher her but haven’t beaten her yet then consider reading the Elden Ring Malenia cheese method guide.
Acquiring Haligtree Medallions
Now that you have learned how to get to rold route, and that there is a secret passage as well associated with this lift, you must know that you will require two halves of Haligtree medallions. Obtain both halves of the Haligtree medallions to access the secret passage via the Grand Lift of Rold. Hoist the medallion on the lift after acquiring both parts for exclusive passage.
Left Haligree Medallion: To obtain the left Haligtree medallion, defeat Commander Niall at Castle Sol in the Mountaintops of the Giants. Access the area behind the boss to collect the left half. Refer to the Elden Ring Commander Niall cheese method guide if needed.
Right Haligtree Medallion: Visit the Village of Albinaurics in Elden Ring to collect the right half of the Haligtree medallion. Head to the top, go straight before the left leading to a bridge, and find large pots at the far end. Attack or roll into them to reveal a disguised NPC who will give you the right Haligtree medallion.
Return to the Grand Lift of Rold with both halves to continue your search for the Malenia boss.
That is pretty much everything you need to know about How to Get to the Rold Route. Did you reach this location yet? Let us know more of your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍