Elden Ring features a slew of overpowered bosses that will punish you painfully for the slightest mistakes. One of the toughest encounters in the game is with Malenia, a Legend-type demigod boss that’ll give you a run for your life. This guide will show you two of the best cheese methods to beat Malenia, Blade of Miquella in Elden Ring.
- Mimic Tear allows you to create an identical twin of yourself with all of your abilities. Since Malenia attacks too quickly, barely giving us any chance to launch a counterattack, the distraction in the form of our spirit is vital and profound in defeating her for good.
- One of the best ways to defeat Malenia is to keep spamming her with a barrage of attacks, so she is not able to use her heavy attacks against you.
- For Frost Focused Build, you’ll need Hoarfrost stomp, a talisman in line with the build, and Mimic Tear. When the fight begins, use Mimic Tear and let your spirit attack first. Then you and your spirit frost-stamp her and attack simultaneously not giving her enough time to react.
- For Bleed Focused Build, you’ll need Mimic Tear, Swarm of Flies Incantation, and Dragon Communion Seal. Use Mimic Tear and cast the incantation. Launch a series of attacks when getting the chance.
- For the Second Phase of Malenia, the same ingredients as stated above will be used to defeat her second phase as well. The only difference is you have to be mindful of her Scarlet Aeonia by moving quickly toward her or to the right.
If you’ve not reached Malenia boss yet in Elden Ring, then watch our complete walkthrough video and reach Haligtree’s secret location in the game.
Cheese Method For Malenia Blade of Miquella
Many players face immense difficulties in beating Malenia and stay stuck on her for a long time. For this reason, we’ve compiled this cheese method for Malenia, Blade of Miquella, you’ll also be able to best her second form using the techniques we tell you.
More From eXputer: Elden Ring Radahn Chesse
Use Mimic Tear
An Interesting Read: Elden Ring Best Builds
In Elden Ring, the ‘Mimic Tear’ allows you to summon an identical twin of your character. Your mimic tear mirrors your spells, armor , weapons, and even has its own flasks, making it useful in extended battles. Summoning doesn’t require FP but uses a portion of your health.
This is particularly helpful in the fight against Malenia, who is agile and requires distraction for certain strategies. It’s advised to upgrade your mimic tear to level 9 or 10 before taking on this fight for maximum effectiveness.
Mimic Tear Location
Related: Elden Ring Fire Giant Cheese
To obtain the Mimic Tear in Elden Ring:
- Defeat Starscourge Radhan to access Nokron, Eternal City. This is a challenging battle.
- In Nokron, as you progress, you will encounter and defeat a boss that is a clone of your Tarnished, the Mimic Tear itself.
- Keep advancing until you reach the Ancestral Woods sight of grace.
- Continue your journey, heading eastward across a ledge from a rooftop courtyard. Go through a window into the chapel.
- Unlock the chapel wall and defeat an enemy to access the chest containing the Mimic Tears.
This challenging journey will lead you to obtain the Mimic Tear in Elden Ring.
To cheese Malenia in Elden Ring, exploit her susceptibility to staggering and use specific builds:
- Heavy-Strength Weapon Build: Utilize an axe or a greatsword to continuously stagger Malenia, preventing her from using her deadly attacks.
- Frost Build: Inflict maximum damage with a Frost-focused build. Malenia is more vulnerable to Frost attacks, so equip weapon and spells that deal Frost damage.
- Bleed-Focused Build: Alternatively, go for a Bleed-focused build to exploit her vulnerability to Bleed. Equip weapons and spells that cause Bleed effects to maximize damage.
By using these strategies and builds, you can effectively cheese Malenia in Elden Ring, keeping her staggered and unable to execute her powerful attacks.
Frost-Focused Build Against Malenia
To effectively stagger and defeat Malenia in Elden Ring, consider this build:
- Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War: Equip the Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War, which provides the Cold Affinity and Hoarfrost Stomp skill. This skill will allow you to apply Frost damage to your attacks.
- Intellect-based Weapon: Choose a weapon that scales with intellect to maximize your Frost damage.
- Talismans: Use talismans that complement your build and playstyle.
- Summon Mimic Tear: At the start of the fight, summon your Mimic Tear and let it attack first to divert Malenia’s attention.
- Frost Damage: Inflict maximum Frost damage on Malenia by coordinating Frost Stomps with your Mimic Tear. Ensure both you and your clone use Hoarfrost Stomp and attack simultaneously to stagger her and prevent her from healing.
- Corner Control: If possible, get Malenia into a corner to further control the fight and make it easier to stunlock her.
By following this strategy and build, you can efficiently deal with Malenia in Elden Ring, keeping her staggered and minimizing her healing opportunities.
Hoarfrost Stomp Location
You can find this Ash of War southeast of Caria Manor in the Liurnia of the Lakes region. You’ll have to kill an invisible scarab found roaming in a shallow water body. It drops that Hoardfrost stomp ash of war upon its death. Getting this Ash of War will allow you to stomp frost status effect easily on the boss and hence you’d be able to execute our Elden Ring Malenia cheese method. Read Hoarfrost Stomp Location guide.
To cheese Malenia, the Blade of Miquella in Elden Ring, use the ‘Swarm of Flies’ incantation and focus on bleed damage:
- Swarm of Flies Incantation: Obtain the ‘Swarm of Flies’ incantation, which releases blood flies to attack your enemies.
- Bleed Damage Weapons: Equip weapons that deal bleed damage to maximize your build’s effectiveness.
- Dragon Communion Seal: Use the Dragon Communion seal, which scales with faith and arcane and complements the Swarm of Flies incantation.
- Strategy: Follow a similar strategy as before by summoning your mimic tear and casting the Swarm of Flies incantation. Utilize attacks whenever you have an opening.
- Bleed Build-Up: The combination of the incantation and bleed damage can be effective in both dealing damage and stunning Malenia, preventing her from using her one-shot healing attack.
- Spam Incantation: Continuously use the Swarm of Flies incantation, and attack when opportunities arise. Keep an eye on your arcane resources.
This strategy and build should allow you to defeat Malenia, the Blade of Miquella, relatively quickly in Elden Ring.
Swarm of Flies Location
The Swarm of Flies incantation can be found on a corpse along the east side of the Mohgwyn Palace blood marsh, in the Northern direction of the Palace Approach Ledge-Road grace site. Mohgwyn Palace is a region beneath Caelid that can be accessed by using the Pureblood Knight’s Medal given by White-faced Varre or through a portal in the North of the Consecrated grounds.
A Similar Read: Elden Ring Best Incantations
Malenia’s Second Phase
After you’ve dealt with Melania’s first phase, she transforms into her second phase, known as the Goddess of Rot. You can deal with this phase in a similar manner as described above, but you’ll have to be mindful of her Scarlet Aeonia move when she jumps and can inflict you with a devastating amount of Scarlet Rot.
This move can be dodged by running towards her and moving rightwards, she’ll try to come after you but you’ll have to keep on moving to dodge her attack successfully. In the rest of the fight, you can use your Hoarfrost stomp or Swarm of Flies accordingly, and with the help of your Mimic Tear, attack her when possible.
Additionally, you can use a multitude of ranged weapons or spells after her Scarlet Aeonia attack, as she is unable to move for a few seconds after landing it. Moreover, do not forget to heal; you need to constantly keep on healing as some of her attacks are very strong and can easily catch you off guard. Follow these strategies and you should also be able to beat her second phase with minimum effort.
Related: Elden Ring Best Melee Weapons
Who is Malenia?
Malenia, Blade of Miquella, is an optional boss in Elden Ring. Malenia was the sister and bodyguard of her brother, the demigod Miquella. Widely known as the most powerful of all Empyreans, she is one of the game’s strongest bosses. She wields a prosthetic arm and leg and is responsible for the spreading of Scarlet Rot in the Caelid Region.
To reach Malenia, the Blade of Miquella, in Elden Ring:
- Progress through the game until you defeat Morgott and gain access to the Mountaintop of Giants region.
- The Consecrated Snowfield is located in the lower plains of the Mountaintop of Giants.
- Obtain both parts of the Haligtree Secret medallion:
- Proceed to the Grand Lift of Rold and use the medallion to open the magical barrier.
- Continue through Ordina and the light of the four fires to reach Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree, where you can confront Malenia.
These steps will lead you to the encounter with Malenia, Blade of Miquella, in Elden Ring. Be prepared for a challenging battle and consider using the cheese strategies mentioned earlier for an advantage.
Here are other Elden Ring Bosses you may encounter and a guide on beating them.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍