Astegon is an extremely powerful Level 48 Boss in Palworld that combines the Dark and Dragon elements. It’s one of the few bosses on Mount Obsidian and one of the highest-level Pals in-game. As such, getting to it is a challenge, and defeating and capturing it is an entirely new difficulty.
Where To Find Astegon
Players can find Astegon in a mineshaft near Mount Obsidian Midpoint Fast Travel Tower on Mount Obsidian.
Mount Obsidian is a late-game area and home to several Level 30+ Fire Pals in Palworld, and Astegon is at the heart of this biome. Therefore, you’ll need to level up significantly and have a good flying mount by your side to reach its boss arena.
I’ve listed the complete procedure to reaching Astegon below:
- Starting from the Mount Obsidian Midpoint Fast Travel Point, head northwest on your compass to find the nearby Lava pool.
- Use the rocky platforms or a flying Pal to get to the cliff to the other side.
- On your right, you’ll see the entrance to the Destroyed Mineshaft area.
- Head inside, and you’ll find Astegon in front.
How To Beat Astegon
As I mentioned, Astegon is no joke, and his attacks have some of the most hard-hitting figures in Palworld. There’s not a lot of movement in his arena, too. Thus, to keep yourself safe, I’d recommend staying on your flying mount and using its attacks to wither Astegon down.
For more advice, here are some of my tips to help you capture Astegon:
- Use Dragon Pals: Astegon is mainly a Dark Pal, so it’s weak to Dragon Pals, which is why the Pal I’d recommend using against it is Vanwyrm, a flying Dark Pal that you can easily find on Mount Obsidian.
- Keep Strafing: Many Astegon’s attacks have large AoE, so keep yourself out of danger by continuously moving left and right.
- Capture When Staggered: Wither Astegon’s health down to roughly 2000 or less and wait for the beast to get staggered, giving you the perfect opportunity to use a Pal Sphere to capture it.
Upon defeating Astegon, you will receive the following rewards:
- 2x Ancient Civilization Parts
- 2x Pal Metal Ingot
- 5x Pure Quartz
- 5x Precious Dragon Stone
Here’s a complete breakdown of Astegon’s stats, including its Work Suitability, skills, and more:
|Dark + Dragon
|Level 1 Handiwork | Level 4 Mining
|Black Anklyosaur: Increases damage to ore while mounted.
|Dark Laser | Draconic Breath | Nightmare Ball
|Pal Metal Ingot | Pure Quartz
Astegon is one of the few Pals with Level 4 Mining in Palworld. This makes the beast an incredible workforce at the Stone Pit or any mining-related work. However, I’d suggest keeping it on your team since its attacks have some of the highest damage in-game.
- Astegon’s Dark Laser attack has a wide range and rivals Legendary Pals like Jormuntide Ignis for the highest damage.
- Most of its attacks are of Dragon and Dark types, making it stronger (and weaker) against other Dragon and Dark Pals.
If you want to ride Astegon, you can craft its saddle at Level 47 using the following materials:
- 30x Leather
- 50x Refined Ingot
- 50x Ingot
- 55x Paldium Fragment
That wraps up my brief of capturing and harnessing Astegon’s potential in Palworld. Aside from using Legendary Spheres, the best advice I can give you to catch this behemoth is not to be intimidated. Compared to other Level 45+ Pals, Astegon has moderate HP, so you can ultimately take it down with persistence. However, if you’re still struggling, you can use this YouTube video to catch other Legendary Pals before attempting this boss fight.
Once you get Astegon, I think you’ll be ready to check out my guide on the location of Jetragon in Palworld, the undisputed king of Pals, who you can also find on Mount Obsidian. For easier ways to get your hands on top-tier Pals, here’s a guide by Sameer on setting up an Egg Incubator. And while you’re at it, visit Rabiya’s review on Palworld to get an in-depth perspective of the title from a Pokemon veteran.
- Palworld: Bushi Location And How To Capture It
- Palworld: Incineram Location, Capture, Stats & Breed Options
- Palworld: How To Assign Pals To The Ranch
- Palworld: How To Make A Fluffy Pal Bed
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍