RE4 Remake Verdugo is a sturdy boss that you face during Chapter 10 of the game. The mutant is pretty menacing and deadly and fighting the monster with the correct strategies is crucial to beat him effectively. So, make sure you’re aware of the right moves to take the mutant down during your exhilarating adventure in the sewers.
- Verdugo is one of the challenging bosses in Resident Evil 4 Remake that features a scary look and an Exo skeletal body.
- You will encounter the creature during Chapter 10 when you go down the sewers to power the elevator.
- Verdugo can perform several attacks, such as Claw Swipe, Vent Ambush, Ceiling Drop, Tail, and Lunging attack, in order to kill you.
- To counter the creature, you have to make use of the panels to unleash Nitrogen gas on him.
- When the creature gets immobilized with the gas, use your lethal weapons, such as Shotguns, Grenades, and Launchers, to deal maximum damage.
- After the first attack, Verdugo will get into the ceiling and will perform vent attacks. Make sure to input the right prompt to counter his attacks.
- Freeze Verdugo with the gas three or four times and damage him with ranged weapons to bring him down.
- Upon killing, you’ll get Wave Goodbye/ Right Hand Achievement and Monocle Gold Chain as a reward.
Defeating Verdugo can be frustrating; however, eXputer’s video guide here breaks down how to defeat this boss easily in RE4 Remake.
RE4 Remake Verdugo BossVerdugo is an insect-like monster that is one of the deadliest creatures of Ramon Salazar. He lives inside the sewers and possesses the ability to crawl through narrow spaces swiftly and attack from the vents. To beat Verdugo, you have to make use of the surrounding environment to your advantage and trap him in his own habitat.
The Verdugo boss fights in Resident Evil 4 will start when you enter the Sewer area during Chapter 10. As you activate the power switch in the sewer, Verdugo will get triggered and will start to chase you down the gutter.
If you want to beat Verdugo effectively, then you must learn about his attack patterns and fighting style. Before entering the fight phase, make sure you’re geared up with some best weapons and equipment, as you’ll be needing them during the fight.
Here are all the possible attack patterns of RE4 Remake Verdugo that he might use to pray on you.
|Claw Swipe||Verdugo uses his sharp claws to tear down his enemy.|
|Vent Ambush||He crawls through the sewer vents and attacks abruptly.|
|Ceiling Drop||The creature swiftly drops down from the ceiling to catch the enemy off guard.|
|Stalking/Tail Attack||Verdugo stalks your movement and uses his tail to attack you.|
|Lunging Attack||He swiftly lunges toward the enemy to strike with his deadly claws.|
How To Defeat
Once you’re aware of the attacking patterns, you should read them and act accordingly. Doing so will give you an upper hand over the creature and will help you to knock him down without losing your life.
Verdugo attacks are quite lethal and fast, which makes it almost impossible to parry or block them. The key to dealing with the monster is using Nitrogen gas on him by opening the valves. The gas will not kill Verdugo but will slow him down for sure, allowing you to catch him off guard and deal some serious damage.In the sewer, you can find several panels that can release Nitrogen gas. So, once Verdugo is in the exposing range, press the red button to blow a steam of gas on him and start attacking him to get maximum damage. To deal some serious damage, you can use shotguns such as Striker, W-870, and Riot Gun. The Rocket Launcher, hand grenades, and Assault Rifles such as CQBR are also quite effective against the monster.One thing to remember is that Verdugo will not get down in a single blow, and you have to repeat the process multiple times to kill him. After your first freezing attack, the creature will come to senses again after a while and will attack you more furiously by making vent attacks. To counter the strikes, head towards the locked door and crank the wheel to get to the next section.During the vent attacks, you have to input the correct button prompts to evade the attacks. As you successfully counter the vent attacks, Verdugo will get on the ground again and will start chasing you normally.
Verdugo Trophy & Item RewardsIf you’re playing in Normal difficulty mode, you have to immobilize the monster with the gas three times to knock him down. Once you bring Verdugo down, you can collect the rewards and continue your venture to give a power source to the elevator and get out of the area. Beating RE4 Remake Verdugo will grant you several items and achievements that are listed below.
- Wave Goodbye/Right-Hand Achievement
- Monocle Gold Chain
Additional TipsWhen you’re facing sturdy monsters in RE4 Remake, it’s always good to be cautious, as you never know what’s coming! Here are some additional Tips & Tricks that you must remember to beat Verdugo.
- Although you can use the Nitrogen gas against Verdugo to freeze him, make sure not to stay too close to the gas while triggering it as it will deal damage Leon as well.
- Always keep an eye on the movements of Verdugo, as he can swiftly perform a tail attack that deals considerable damage.
- Verdugo is quite deadly in close-range attacks, so make sure to always maintain a safe distance from the monster and use your ranged weapons to bring him down eventually.
- If you want to bring the monster down in one go, you can use the Rocket Launcher on the monster. You can go for the option if you have purchased it already or have Infinite Rocket Launcher unlocked in the game.
- Before entering the battle, make sure you’re equipped with herbs and healing items that will assist you in restoring your hp during the fight.
- To hit the creature successfully, make sure to activate the panel at the right time, as triggering the trap too early or late will make you miss the chance to freeze him.
- You can also escape the area without killing Verdugo, as it is a time-based fight. You can distract him and dodge his attacks until the elevator comes down, but you’ll not get the achievement and reward this way.
RE4 Remake Verdugo is a challenging boss, but with the right strategies and techniques, you can bring the monster down with some effort. Always remember to maintain some distance, use appropriate weapons and keep your mobility to escape his attacks. Other than that, you can also learn how to beat other sturdy monsters such as Salazar and Krauser.
You can also learn how to solve the Stone Dias Puzzle and Four Slots Wall Puzzle effectively. Also, don’t forget to check out our detailed guide on Mendez’s False Eye. Furthermore, we recommend you go through How to get Bolt Thrower, How To Get Matilda, and Chicago Sweeper guides to dominate your opponents with the best weapons.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Solve Hexagon Puzzle
- RE4 Remake: How To Complete More Pest Control
- RE4 Remake: How To Get Broken Butterfly
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍