Besides the five starting classes, the Remnant 2 Engineer Archetype is among the other six classes you can unlock later in your playthrough. And like most in-game archetypes, it comes with a unique armor set, abilities, and starting weapons, encouraging a tank-like playstyle.
How To Unlock The Engineer Archetype In Remnant 2
You can craft the Engineer class almost as soon as you reach N’Erud, the second primary location of Remnant 2, which you can explore from your World Map. This area is instantly accessible from Ward 13 after completing Yaesha.
- After entering N’Erud, go through the Forgotten Prison or Seeker’s Rest (either one of your starting locations) and any following dungeons until you reach The Eon Vault.
- Here, you’ll want to stay close to the far edge of the area and continue exploring the biome until you find the Engineer Corpse, which will drop the Technician Armor Set, and the Alien Device.
- The corpse and the device will be beyond the poisonous mist, so use a Purified Salve to avoid getting the Curse effect.
- Finally, give the Alien Device to Wallace back at Ward 13 to craft the Dryzr Caliper, an Engram that you can equip in your Primary Slot in the ‘Archetype’ menu to access the Engineer’s skills, perks, and traits.
Engineer Archetype’s Armor And Abilities
This archetype focuses on wielding and boosting the efficiency of Heavy Weaponry. This can be seen by its Prime Perk, High Tech, which overclocks a deployed Heavy Weapon, granting Infinite Ammo, increased Fire Rate, and +25% damage output for 15 seconds.
Heavy Weapons also get massive buffs from the Engineer’s perks, which range from boosting Movement Speed to refilling and increasing Ammo Capacity.
You can unlock the full perk set at Archetype Level 4 and find the abilities of all these perks listed below:
|Surplus||Relic||Using a Relic refills 15% of Heavy Weapon Ammo, and bonus doubles when Heavy Weapon is stowed|
|Heavy Mobility||Utility||Movement Speed while carrying a Heavy Weapon increases by 35%|
|Magnetic Field||Team||Heavy Weapons grant 15% Damage Reduction to all allies within 2.5m|
|Metalworker||Damage||Increases Skill Damage by 5%, and Heavy Weapons gain 5% Ammo Capacity and 2.5% Max Health|
Alongside improving Heavy Weapons, the Engineer class also uses its Archetype Skills to deploy turrets, which aim and deal damage autonomously.
These skills can also grant different passive upgrades depending on how you use them mid-combat, and you can utilize their upgrades in the following manner:
- Archetype Skills: Vulcan/ Flamethrower/ Impact Cannon
- Press Ability: Deploys a Vulcan/ Flamethrower/ Impact Cannon Turret, which lasts until its Ammo is exhausted.
- Hold Ability: Deploys to Heavy Carry Mode and overclocks the weapon if Engineer Prime is available.
- Double Press Ability: The weapon is reclaimed, returning 75% of its ammo, and Heavy Weapon ammo is regenerated by 1.25% every second.
As highlighted earlier, you can pick the Engineer Archetype’s Technician Armor Set near the Alien Device at the Eon Vault. And from viewing its damage-negation figures, this kit is definitely suited for specific dungeons and overworlds.
- The Technician Set, while not having any protection against Bleed or Blight, has the best Lightning and Fire resistance.
- The set itself is more on the heavier side compared to other archetype sets but makes up for it with some of the best damage negation in Remnant 2.
- Another method for this archetype to boost defense is by using its Archetype Trait, Fortify, which increases Armor Effectiveness by 5%.
Here’s a quick breakdown of all the stats the Technician Set has to offer:
|Technician Helmet||8||14||Bleed: 0 | Fire: 1 | Lightning: 2 | Corrosion: 2 | Blight: 0|
|Technician Bodyplate||30||56||Bleed: 0 | Fire: 2 | Lightning: 6 | Corrosion: 2 | Blight: 0|
|Technician Greaves||14||26||Bleed: 0 | Fire: 1 | Lightning: 3 | Corrosion: 2 | Blight: 0|
|Technician Gloves||6||10||Bleed: 0 | Fire: 1 | Lightning: 2 | Corrosion: 1 | Blight: 0|
That wraps up this brief guide on how to unlock the Remnant 2 Engineer Archetype, along with detailing its perks, skills, traits, and other abilities. Given the stats, the Engineer is a strong archetype that encourages a passive-aggressive play style by setting up utilities and improving tanky weapons. So if you’re looking to incorporate this class into your build, check out this Subreddit Post to find out other archetypes that are good with it.
For other unique archetypes that you can unlock during your playthrough, consider reading up on how to unlock the Invader class. To further diversify your build, learn more about Dual Archetypes and how they work in Remnant 2. And remember to check out our guide on the best in-game amulets to pair up with your Engineer class.
- Remnant 2: How To Get & Use Plain Ribbon
- How To Solve The Water Harp Puzzle In Remnant 2
- Remnant 2: How To Get Bright Steel Ring
- Remnant 2: How To Solve Forgotten Field Puzzle
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍