With a wide array of new items and weapons in the Awakened King DLC of Remnant 2, an effective XP Farm can really help fully upgrade your items faster. Fortunately, there are several in-game dungeons with enough locations to exploit.
- Why Trust Us: Daniyal has spent more than 80 hours in Remnant 2, making his guides trustworthy!
My Best Spots To Farm XP In Remnant 2 Awakened King DLC
Here’s a quick overview of the best XP farming spot in Remnant 2’s DLC, detailing their exact location and farming strategy:
|METHOD TO FARM XP
|Kill the Gorecarver and Thunderpiercer Aberration bosses.
|Kill the 2 Manticora enemies in the sewers.
|Use the Ritualist's Miasma Skill at the edge of the house near the Morrow Sanitorium World Stone.
1. Derelict Lighthouse
If you’re lucky enough to get to the Derelict Lighthouse dungeon via the Forlorn Coast, you’ve basically hit the XP jackpot farm in the Awakened King DLC of Remnant 2.
- Why I Chose This: The Derelict Lighthouse is the only location in the DLC where you can farm off Aberrations.
Here’s how you can farm XP at this dungeon:
- From the starting point, head west towards the checkpoint near the active Lighthouse.
- On the left side of the checkpoint, you’ll find an abandoned where you must fight the Gorecarver and Thunderpiercer bosses.
- Rest at the nearest checkpoint and redo the process.
From my experience in the DLC, these are the only aberrations that can respawn, so you can consistently kill and loot them. These two guys are straightforward to deal with, and the loot you get is worthwhile with Lumenite Crystals, Scraps, and other items. Furthermore, they’re close to the checkpoint, avoiding any tedious runbacks.
- Massive variety in rewards.
- Close to the checkpoint.
- Might require rerolls to get to the dungeon.
2. Drowned Wen
The Drowned Wen’s farming spot is much more challenging compared to the Derelict Lighthouse but gives you much more XP. You can reach the Wen after completing a dungeon following the Forlorn Coast in Losomn.
- Why I Chose This: The Drowned Wen spot is ideal for gaining the most loot with each attempt.
To reach the farming spot at the Drowned Wen, here’s what you need to do:
- After reaching the Wen, follow the alleyway down to your first checkpoint by the docks.
- From the checkpoint, turn around and head up the small staircase between the houses on your left.
- Follow the path into the sewers and climb the ladder on your right once you’re inside.
- Here, you’ll find 2 Manticora enemies which you can kill to gain rewards.
- Highest XP rewards.
- Enemy variety is also available.
- Challenging enemies.
- Long runback.
3. Morrow Sanatorium
Thanks to this YouTube video, I was able to discover this new tactic in Remnant 2’s DLC, and after extensively using it, I’m happy to report it’s a massive timesaver. Morrow Sanatorium is directly tied to Morrow Parish, one of the two starting dungeons in the base game Losomn map, so if you don’t get this dungeon initially, you can always reroll until you do.
- Why I Chose This: With the Ritualist Archetype, Morrow Sanatorium’s farming method is undoubtedly the easiest with minimal effort.
Follow these steps to gain XP quickly at this location:
- From the starting point, head outside, follow the streets, and complete the following random dungeon to reach Morrow Sanatorium’s World Stone.
- Stand close to the edge of the wall and use the Ritualist’s Miasma Skill to damage nearby enemies instantly.
Personally, I understand the ease and effectiveness of the following technique, but it’s too dull for my taste, and considering the rewards, I often fall back to grinding at the Derelict Lighthouse and the Drowned Wen.
- Easiest XP farming technique.
- Close to the dungeon’s World Stone.
- Requires the Ritualist Archetype.
- Might require a few rerolls before reaching.
My Tips For Farming XP Quickly
First and foremost, I’d recommend using the Ritualist Archetype for these XP farms since it has several practical AoE abilities. This can help remove weaker enemies from the battlefield, so it’s excellent for clearing spammy areas.
Another tip I’d suggest is using weapons that apply Negative Status Effects like Burn, Overloaded, and Corroded. I used the Sparkfire Shotgun, one of the weapons introduced in the DLC, and was able to kill the Aberrations at the Derelict Lighthouse easily. These effect-based weapons also work well with the Ritualist, so you’re creating synergy in your build, too.
That wraps up my brief guide on the best spots to farm XP in the Awakened King DLC of Remnant 2. I’ve trialed and tested all these spots, and they offer generous loot within a short time and with minimal effort. Of course, as stated, there are virtually endless ways to farm XP, and there might be even more undiscovered locations to fill that quota. As such, try searching in crowded areas, and you might find a spot and technique that can give you even more rewards for even less effort!
Be sure to check out Usama’s detailed review on Remnant 2’s Awakened King DLC to see where it excels and where it unfortunately fell short. For ways to properly utilize your XP, check out my guide on the best weapons in Remnant 2. And for optimizing your build, don’t forget to visit the best DLC rings that you find and equip.
- Remnant 2: How To Unlock Archon Class
- Remnant 2: How To Unlock The Monarch Long Gun?
- Remnant 2: How To Escape The Ethereal Manor
- Remnant 2: Best Melee Weapons
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍