Now that Warzone 2 has been released we can confirm all the new features that have been offered to the players. The new features include the likes of safecracker contracts, proximity chat, assimilation, strongholds, and more. However, we will be looking at the new AI-controlled Warzone 2 Strongholds which are a big part of the game now. Strongholds are basically high-risk and high-loot areas where you can be awarded various end-game items and equipment.
- Strongholds is a new feature/location in Warzone 2 that is controlled by AI.
- Strongholds have been introduced to spice up the game’s combat and reward players with multiple high-end loots for their efforts.
- Also, the strongholds of DMZ and Battle Royale differ from each other a bit.
- A player that does not take the advantage of strongholds could potentially be inferior in loot and weapons for the end-game battle.
What Are Strongholds In Warzone 2Strongholds are basically special buildings in warzone 2 which are controlled by AI and other operators which are also present there.
These buildings when cleared out and looted will award you with rewards that essentially will last you till the end game. The location of the stronghold varies a bit the area would be the same but the location of the building in the area will be different in each game.
Also, the strongholds only appear in certain areas of the map. And many of the factors of the strongholds also depend on which game mode you are playing. We will list how strongholds work in both modes, DMZ and Battle Royale. And keep in mind that the strongholds are visible to everyone so you might encounter other teams also who are trying to take control of the stronghold.
Battle Royale StrongholdsNow, the Battle Royale Strongholds are different compared to the DMZ ones. First, in a match, only three strongholds will spawn which will be in random places. Furthermore, the locations of these strongholds will be revealed to all players once the first circle has been closed.
Also, the first team to approach a stronghold will be required to defuse a bomb in order to access the loot. And once the bomb has been defused the other two strongholds can also be looted without defusing the bomb again. However, you will still have to clear the enemies out.
Note that you are not required to have a key to unlock these strongholds. And the loot that you get also includes loadout crates and a temporary UAV.
DMZ StrongholdsFurthermore, the DMZ strongholds as mentioned before are a bit different from the BR strongholds. The first thing to notice is that all the strongholds are marked right off the bat. And there are more strongholds in DMZ that are spread evenly in each sector so you won’t have to worry about missing out on them.
Also, you will require a key to enter the strongholds in this mode. Don’t worry we got you covered on acquiring keys as there are various ways and we will list them all later on. However, even if you get your hands on a key you still will be required to complete a task that will vary. Some tasks that are given to you include clearing the stronghold, securing intel, and drilling a safe.
Acquiring DMZ Stronghold Key
Now, we move to help you acquire a key for the DMZ strongholds. There are a bunch of ways through which this can be done, 4 to be specific. The 4 ways through which you can obtain a stronghold key are as the following:
- Buy Station: Purchasing the key from a buy station. They can be found under the gear category named Stronghold Keycards. And each key costs $5000.
- Enemy AI Drops: Another way is to kill the AI enemy guard outside the stronghold. Remember that there is a chance that the guard drops a key so take out multiple enemies until you find one. They glow blue when dropped onto the ground.
- Loot Chests: Keycards can also be found in loot chests that spawn near the strongholds but there is a mall chance that you find one.
- Defeating Players: A dangerous approach is to eliminate a player that has a keycard and loot it off him. However, that is hard and you will also have to deal with his squad. You can also potentially camp a stronghold and wait for a player to approach it.
Things To Know Before Engaging A StrongholdIt is crucial that you know beforehand about some tips that can help you in taking control over a stronghold. We can say from painful experiences that you should try to follow these tips as without them you will be killed instantly by the AI. Do not underestimate the warzone AIs they are a tough bunch when grouped together. Here are a few tips that we recommend you follow:
- The first and most important tip is to always go in with your whole squad as they will be able to provide you with all sorts of help. The multiple enemy waves will put you to the test if you go alone so stick with your squad.
- Another tip is to save up on grenades as they will be helpful to take out the riot shields users in the stronghold. Especially when you can not get a side or behind angle to fire upon them.
- Another great tip is to stock up on armor and munitions as the more you fight the more you will run through your ammo and armor.
Possible Warzone 2 Stronghold RewardsOnce you have dealt with a stronghold the loot can be found in orange crates that are inside the stronghold. Also, you are to find a guaranteed loadout crate that provides you with the best guns and even your own perk package but this is only for BR strongholds. And the other rewards vary according to your luck and stronghold. However, the potential loot can contain the following:
- Black Site Key
- Armor Box Field Upgrade
- Munitions Box Field Upgrade
- Large Backpack
- Self-Revive Kit
- Durable Gas Mask
- Armor Plates
- Random Weapons
- Loadout Crates
Warzone 2 Blacksite
Another part of the strongholds is black sites. The first team to control a stronghold can get their hands on a black site key which unlocks a special black site. Which is effectively a tougher version of normal strongholds. And they have better loot and you can even potentially get permanent weapon blueprints.
And with this, we bring our Warzone 2 Strongholds guide to an end. Where we entailed everything there is to the new strongholds in the game. However, if you feel like we forgot something then please do let us know through the comment section down below.
- Warzone 2 Best M13 Loadout
- Warzone 2 Best HCR 56 Loadout
- Warzone 2 How To Find Weapon Lockers
- Warzone 2 All Police Station Locations
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍