Now that Warzone 2 has been released we can confirm all the new features that have been offered to the players. The new features include the likes of safecracker contracts, proximity chat, assimilation, strongholds, and more. However, we will be looking at the new AI-controlled Warzone 2 Strongholds which are a big part of the game now. Strongholds are basically high-risk and high-loot areas where you can be awarded various end-game items and equipment.
What Are StrongholdsStrongholds are basically special buildings in warzone 2 which are controlled by AI and other operators which are also present there.
These buildings when cleared out and looted will award you with rewards that essentially will last you till the end game. The location of the stronghold varies a bit the area would be the same but the location of the building in the area will be different in each game.
Battle Royale Strongholds
- Battle Royale Strongholds differ from DMZ ones in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
- Only three strongholds appear randomly in a match.
- Locations are revealed to all players after the first circle closes.
- The first team must defuse a bomb to access loot at a stronghold.
- Once the bomb is defused, other strongholds can be looted without defusing again.
- Clearing enemies is still necessary to access loot in other strongholds.
Note that you are not required to have a key to unlock these strongholds. And the loot that you get also includes loadout crates and a temporary UAV.
- DMZ strongholds in BR are distinct from those in DMZ.
- All DMZ strongholds are initially marked, and they are evenly spread across each sector.
- Keys are needed to enter DMZ strongholds.
- Multiple ways to acquire keys will be covered later.
- Completing tasks like clearing the stronghold, securing intel, or drilling a safe is necessary even with a key.
Acquiring DMZ Stronghold Key
Now, we move to help you acquire a key for the DMZ strongholds. There are a bunch of ways through which this can be done, 4 to be specific. The 4 ways through which you can obtain a stronghold key are as the following:
- Purchase Stronghold Keycards for $5000 from buy stations.
- Eliminate AI enemy guards outside strongholds for a chance to get a key. They glow blue when dropped.
- Find keycards in loot chests near strongholds, though chances are low.
- Engage and defeat players with keycards to loot them, but it can be challenging and risky.
- Consider camping strongholds to ambush players approaching and take their keycards.
Possible Warzone 2 Stronghold RewardsOnce you have dealt with a stronghold the loot can be found in orange crates that are inside the stronghold. Also, you are to find a guaranteed loadout crate that provides you with the best guns and even your own perk package but this is only for BR strongholds. And the other rewards vary according to your luck and stronghold. However, the potential loot can contain the following:
- Black Site Key
- Armor Box Field Upgrade
- Munitions Box Field Upgrade
- Large Backpack
- Self-Revive Kit
- Durable Gas Mask
- Armor Plates
- Random Weapons
- Loadout Crates
Warzone 2 Blacksite
Another part of the strongholds is black sites. The first team to control a stronghold can get their hands on a black site key which unlocks a special black site. Which is effectively a tougher version of normal strongholds. And they have better loot and you can even potentially get permanent weapon blueprints.
And with this, we bring our Warzone 2 Strongholds guide to an end. Where we entailed everything there is to the new strongholds in the game. However, if you feel like we forgot something then please do let us know through the comment section down below.
- Warzone 2 Best M13 Loadout
- Warzone 2 Best HCR 56 Loadout
- Warzone 2 How To Find Weapon Lockers
- Warzone 2 All Police Station Locations
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍