- Baldur’s Gate 3 is Larian Studios’ magnum opus, and a brilliant RPG at that by all means.
- A new update for the game has been pushed out by the developers, titled Hotfix #17.
- The patch fixes bugs and resolves a persistent issue with Gale permanently disappearing.
Baldur’s Gate 3, despite its shortcomings and ignorable pitfalls, is 2023’s Game of the Year, and rightfully so, going up against the likes of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Alan Wake 2, Tears of the Kingdom, and many other top contenders of the past year. Despite the RPG’s sprawling success, developer Larian Studios keeps on making sure that the game remains free from bugs, glitches, or other technical issues. That’s why it’s brought yet another hotfix to the table that you might want to check out.
Hotfix #17 is now live, bringing with it more bug fixes!
We’ve also had a little chat with Gale about his dramatics if you don't immediately offer him any magic items. You’ll find him more likely to stick around now!
— Baldur's Gate 3 (@baldursgate3) January 15, 2024
The official patch notes have been laid out over at Steam, so feel free to dive into those for the list of changes at length. From what I could spot, some of the most important adjustments include fixing Gale’s behavior when he’s left without a magic item during the player’s conversation with him. The prodigy wizard previously departed the player’s party when he wasn’t offered a gift, but now, that won’t continue to linger. Here are some of the other fixes of Hotfix #17:
- Fixed characters getting stuck ‘in a story event’, preventing you from controlling them, after getting killed in the fight with Grym.
- Safeguard Shield’s Saving Throw modifier is now correctly reflected on the Character Sheet.
- Fixed Thieves’ Tools in the camp chest or inventory of a companion who is waiting at camp not being accessible when lockpicking.
Moreover, it’s worth mentioning that with the arrival of the new patch, some players could see their installed mods function improperly. If that happens to the case with you as well, make sure to check all of the PC mods you’ve got for Baldur’s Gate 3 and confirm how many of them aren’t working. If only some of them fail to work, wait until the mod’s dev works up an update on their end.
Please note that with new patches and hotfixes, some installed mods may become temporarily incompatible. If you experience any issues after installing the latest update, please check if the issue persists with all mods uninstalled. If it persists, please reach out to our support team with your report,” reads the post by Larian.
Related Content to Check Out:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Director Has Figured Out His Next Project’s “Act 1”
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Receives Hotfix #16, Bringing In Tons Of Improvements
- 2023 Ends With Starfield As The Most-Played RPG, Not Baldur’s Gate 3
In other news, you should know that Baldur’s Gate 3 has ended up as the best-selling PC game of 2023 in terms of units and revenue, making the likes of Hogwarts Legacy, EA FC 24, and others trail right behind it. And following its major win of the Game of the Year trophy at TGA last year, the RPG went on to grab the majority of other distinctions too in the event, thereby exhibiting flat-out domination.
The RPG came out on August 3, 2023, for PC, having been in early access since 2020. In November, the title arrived on PlayStation 5, followed by an Xbox Series X|S port in December as well. eXputer’s 5/5 review of the game praises its terrific world, depth of combat, and build diversity, with reviewer Huzaifah Durrani calling it “one of the greatest RPGs of all time.”
If you’re a new player, consider having a go at this compilation of the 8 best Legendary items in Baldur’s Gate 3, along with their respective locations. And before you leave, here’s a rundown of all the reasons why Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of the greatest RPGs of all time, no questions asked.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍