- Starfield is Bethesda’s most ambitious RPG to date, having launched exclusively for the Series X|S and PC.
- The developer has finally released what it calls the “biggest update yet” for the game on Steam beta.
- This patch will carry over to other versions of the game in two weeks, as claimed by Bethesda recently.
Starfield has been making waves across the board in recent times, ever since Bethesda announced that the game’s “biggest update yet” will soon be making landfall for Steam beta—a separate version of Starfield that users have to partake in for testing out new features and providing feedback to the devs. Well, that promised update is finally here at present, bringing more than 100 different enhancements to the RPG.
Our latest update to @StarfieldGame is now in Steam Beta with fixes to numerous Quests, graphic improvements, and much more. We currently plan to release this update on all platforms in two weeks. #Starfield
— Bethesda Game Studios (@BethesdaStudios) January 18, 2024
About 6 days ago, Bethesda confirmed that this patch would first roll out for Steam beta, and then the stable version of the title on both PC and the Xbox Series X|S. And now, Bethesda has come out with the full patch notes of the Starfield update 220.127.116.11 on its official website. Best check that out for a display of all the new changes at length.
Our latest update is now available in our Steam Beta. This update brings over a hundred fixes and adjustments, most of which focus on quality-of-life improvements and quest fixes. We’re grateful for all the feedback we’ve seen and received and will continue to monitor and track your issues and critiques,” reads the blog post detailing the patch notes of the official Starfield update.
Taking a quick look at the patch notes, it’s apparent how most of the work went into the “Quest and Random Encounters” department, where evidently more than 30 fixes have been rolled out alone. The scale of Starfield’s universe is gigantic, but that tends to act as a double-edged sword as well, speaking from a developmental perspective. The bigger the size, the higher the chance for things to mess up. Here is a rundown of some of the quests that ended up getting fixed in this patch for Steam beta.
- No Sudden Moves: Fixed companions not following player during personal quests.
- Operation Starseed: Fixed a bad view that could occur if the Beagle was boarded after a long idle.
- The Heart of Mars: Fixed another location that could potentially prevent recovering The Heart of Mars.
On a side note, Starfield recently bagged the “Most Innovative Gameplay” distinction at the Steam Awards, but that didn’t sit too well with certain players, taking straight to review-bombing the game on its official Steam page right afterward. As such, the RPG is currently listed on Steam with a “Mostly Negative” recent review rating.
Related Content to Read Up On:
- 2023 Ends With Starfield As The Most-Played RPG, Not Baldur’s Gate 3
- Starfield Design Director Responds To Criticism; Says Players Are Disconnected From Reality
- Bethesda Desperately Wants Modders To Focus On Starfield, Not Skyrim
Starfield came out on September 6, 2023, for the Xbox Series X|S and PC exclusively, with early access to the game starting from the 1st of September. eXputer’s 3.5/5.0 review of the RPG calls out the lack of a proper questline and clunky UI while praising the visual appeal and spacecraft customization of the game. I recommend going through this guide of the 3 best Missile Launchers to look out for in Starfield, in case you’re looking to bump up your weaponry.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍