Unable to progress further and think your character is too under-leveled? The Elden Ring bird farm from the Mohgwyn’s palace comes to the rescue. Killing Albinauric and the bird monster near the cliff has become to go-to place for the majority of the players who want to farm runes quickly.
- The Elden Ring bird you will continuously kill for your rune farm is located in the Mohgwyn Palace area.
- The Mohgwyn palace is accessible by two methods:
- The first method will be to complete Varre’s quest, which requires the players to
- Meeting Varre in the Rose Church after defeating Godrick.
- Using the three Bloody Fingers given by Varre to invade other players’ worlds.
- Once you are given the white napkin, soak it in the blood of a maiden.
- Return the blood-soaked napkin to Varre to obtain the Pureblood Knight’s Medal.
- Use the Pureblood Knight’s Medal to teleport to Mohgwyn Palace.
- The second method will be to use the teleporter that is located in the southwest corner of the Consecrated Snowfield area.
- Once players have used the teleporter to reach Mohgwyn Palace, they will need to reach the location where a large number of Albinauric are sitting and resting.
- From there, equip your bow and shoot the bird that’s walking near the cliff end.
- The bird will run off the cliff and into the abyss, thus granting you some easy runes.
Bird Farm LocationAs I have already stated, the location of the bird farm is in Mohgwyn’s palace. Players can access this area by one of the two methods. One will allow the player to reach this area well early in the game, while the other will only make this area accessible once players have reached the Mountaintop of the Giants, which is somewhat an endgame area.
The following subreddit post may also help you understand the exact location of the farm, but as for the two methods to actually reach the required location. Allow me to explain them in detail.
How To Access Mohgwyn Palace In The Early Game
If you wish to reach this area well early in Elden Ring, then no matter what, you must not kill Varre; I understand that you might want to take revenge for all the times he has called you “Maidenless,” but now is not the best time to kill him.
I have summarized the entire roadmap on how to complete Varre’s quest in points for better understanding.
- The first thing players need to do is kill Godrick, The Grafted, and move on to the Liurna Of The Lakes area, but in case you didn’t know, Godrick resides in Godrick’s castle.
- The castle whose entrance is guarded by Margit, The Fell Omen.
- Once players have reached the Liurna Of the Lakes area, they will need to travel to the Rose Church, South-west of the Raya Lucaria Academy area, as you can see in the image below.
- This is where Varre hangs around after you have killed Godrick.
- After conversing with Varre, he will give you three Bloody Fingers, which you’ll need to use to invade other people.
- It is irrelevant to the quest whether you succeed in killing other players or not.
- Once you have used all three Bloody Fingers, talk again to Varre.
- After some dialogue, he will give you another task to perform, as you will be given a white napkin and will be tasked to soak it in the blood of a maiden.
- Here, you can either decide to visit the Four Belfries to access the area from where the game started or if you are feeling evil, then you can kill one of the maidens in the world of Elden Ring and soak it in their blood (I don’t recommend the latter method).
- If you decide to visit the Four Belfries (location shown in the image below), then you’ll need to head to the top, where you will spot a chest.
- Open it, pick up the Imbued Sword Key, and then head to the shrine with the message “Precipice Of Anticipation.”
- It is the shrine nearest to the chest where you picked up the stone key.
- Activate the portal and take the plunge; you will spawn at the location where the game started.
- Kill the boss that initially killed you and head to the room where you first woke up when Elden Ring started.
- There you will see a dead maiden. Soak the napkin in her blood and return to Varre.
- Converse with Varre for a while, and he will give you the Pureblood Knight’s Medal.
- Use the medal to be teleported to the Mohgwyn palace area.
How To Access Mohgwyn Palace In The Late GameIf you had already killed Varre before you learned about the bird farm or don’t wish to spend the extra time completing Varre’s quest, then this second method is still available. However, it is no walk in the park.
For this, you’ll need first to locate the Haligtree Medallion and access the secret/optional part of the Mountaintop of the Giants area. Once there, you must head to the location shown in the image below.
- At this exact location, you will find a teleporter, interact with it, and find yourself in an area near Mohgwyn Palace.
How To Perform The Bird Farm
Either you decided to complete Varre’s quest and reach Mohgwyn palace with the help of Pureblood Knight’s Medal, or you reached this location directly from the teleporter in the Consecrated Snowfield area. Whichever the case, once you reach Mohgwyn Palace, you’ll need to start heading toward the location highlighted in the image below.From here, you only need to equip a bow and shoot the bird you see wandering on the cliffside. Once your arrow hits that demonic bird, thanks to its AI, it will run straight toward you and will unknowingly fall to its death, granting you some free runes.
From my testing, players can gain anywhere between 11,000 and 12,000 runes whenever the bird falls to its death. Keep resting at the Site Of Grace and repeating this farm. You’ll be rich with runes in no time.
With that, my article on Elden Ring bird farm ends, which details the exact spot to do it. If you felt like your character was under-leveled, then I hope my guide helped you make your character strong enough to meet your expectations.
Aside from being under-leveled, choosing the wrong weapon can also degrade your experience and make your game harder than it needs to be. Consider reading our guides on the BEST weapons in Elden Ring, as these armaments are bound to help you throughout your journey in the Lands Between. Or, in case you are still new to Elden Ring, then the Morning Star is one of the best early-game weapons to choose from.
Elden Ring is available now on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC through Steam. Do let me know what you think about Elden Ring in the comment section below.
- Elden Ring: All Celestial Dew Locations
- Elden Ring BEST Strength Weapons
- BEST AoE Weapons In Elden Ring
- The Best Axe In Elden Ring
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍