What Are Engravings?
Engravings are special effects in Lost Ark. They can be found on different accessories and ability stones.
- The Paladin is a built-in Lost Ark that has several available engravings to enhance its abilities. Engravings in Lost Ark are special effects that the players can find on accessories and ability stones.
- There are three types of engravings. First are normal, which provide special effects to the character. Second are negative, which incur penalties to the character. The third is class, which modifies class-specific abilities.
- For a support Paladin build, the recommended engravings are Awakening, Blessed Aura, Expert, Heavy Armor Equipment, Vital Point, and Drops of Ether.
- The Awakening engraving reduces the cooldown of the Awakening Skill. It also increases its maximum use. While the Blessed Aura engraving reduces damage received and restores health points to party members.
- The Expert engraving increases the shield and health point recovery effects given to the self and party. Heavy Armor Equipment engraving increases all defenses.
- The Vital Point engraving increases the effectiveness of the staggering attack. The Drops of Ether engraving give the player’s attacks a charge to create an Ether.
There are three types of engravings in Lost Ark.
- Normal Engravings: can provide special effects to your character such as improving ambush damage. These engravings can also affect different abilities.
- Negative Engravings: These are quite opposite of Normal Engravings. They incur penalties to the player character when activated. Negative Engravings can reduce your Attack Speed, decrease your Attack Power, and more.
- Class Engravings: These are used to modify abilities that are class specific. So Class Engravings can drastically change your character build.
Best Engravings For Support Paladin Build
If you wish to create the best Support Paladin build then the engravings we would recommend are
- Blessed Aura
- Heavy Armor Equipment
- Vital Point
- Drops of Ether
The Awakening engraving allows the players to use their skill more frequently as it reduces the Awakening Skill Cooldown by -10% and offers a +1 maximum use at level 1.
The Awakening Skill Cooldown is reduced by -25% and offers a +2 maximum use at level 2. And finally, at level 3, it is reduced by -50% and offers a +3 maximum use.
Blessed Aura Engraving
The Blessed Aura Engraving is a must-have for any support build. Ths engraving reduces the Damage Received by -10% and restores +2% of max HP every 2.5 seconds for all party members at level 1. The Damage Received is reduced by -15% and 2% of max HP is restored every 2 seconds at level 2.
At level 3, the Damage Received is reduced by -20%, and 2% of max HP is restored for all party members every 1.5 seconds.
Expert Engraving is also a must-have for a support build as it increases the Shield and HP recovery effects on both self and party by 6%. When the target HP is below 50%, The effect increases by an additional 3% at level 1.
At level 2, the Shield and HP recovery effects are increased by 14%. When the target HP is below 50% then the effects increase by an additional 7%.
At level 3, the Shield and HP recovery effects are increased by 24%, and the effect increases by an additional 12% when the target’s HP is below 50%.
Heavy Armor Equipment Engraving
The amount of defense offered by your heavy armor is not affected by the effects that cause defense reduction. At level 1, the Heavy Armor Equipment Engraving increases all defenses by 30%.
At level 2, the defenses get an increase of 75% and by 150% at level 3. Making it one of the best engravings for a Support Paladin build in Lost Ark.
Vital Point Engraving
At level 1, the Vital Point Engraving increases the Stagger Attack Effectiveness by 6%. At level 2, the Stagger Attack Effectiveness is increased by 18%, and by 36% at level 3.
Drops Of Ether Engraving
The Drops Of Ether Engraving gives the players attacks a charge to create an Ether. Its cooldown is 60 seconds at level 1.
The cooldown reduces to 40 seconds at level 2 and 20 seconds at level 3. Before we continue, consider reading our guide on Lost Ark Emotes and learn how to get all 32 emotes in the game.
Best Engravings For DPS Judgement Paladin Build
The engravings we would recommend for the best DPS Judgement Paladin build are
- Cursed Doll
- Spirit Absorption
- Mass Gain
- Master of Ambush
The Judgement Engraving is an absolute must-have for a Paladin DPS build. It is exclusively available for the Paladin class. The Judgment Engraving increases the Punishment skill damage by 15%, Piery Meter gains +100% and the Duration of Sacred Executioner is also increased by 100% at level 1.
At level 2, the Punishment skill damage is increased by 20% and at level 3, the Punishment skill damage is increased by 25%.
The Awakening Engraving allows the players to use their skill more frequently as it reduces the Awakening Skill Cooldown by 10% and offers a +1 maximum use at level 1.
The Awakening Skill Cooldown is reduced by 25% and offers a +2 maximum use at level 2. And finally, at level 3, the Cooldown becomes 50% and gives a +3 maximum use.
The Grudge Engraving increases your damage to bosses or higher ranking enemies by 4% at level 1. But be warned, players will take 20% more damage from them.
At level 2, the engraving increases your damage to bosses or higher ranking foes by 10%. The trade-off remains the same. At level 3, the engraving increases your damage to bosses and higher ranking enemies by 20%, now making it equal to the extra 20% damage players take from them.
Cursed Doll Engraving
The Cursed Doll Engraving increases the player’s attack power by 3% at level 1 but it reduces the healing by 25% (natural recovery excluded). At level 2, the attack power is increased by 8% and at level 3, it is increased by 16%.
Spirit Absorption Engraving
The Spirit Absorption Engraving increases the player’s Attack Power and Movement Speed by 3% at level 1 without any downside.
At level 2, the Attack Power and Movement Speed are increased by 8% and at level 3, it is increased by 15%, making it an absolute beast and the best engravings for a DPS Paladin build in Lost Ark.
Mass Gain Engraving
The Mass Gain Engraving decreases the player’s attack speed by 10% but it increases the attack power by 4% at level 1.
At level 2, the attack power is increased by 10% and the attack speed remains the same. At level 3, the attack power is increased by 18%.
Master Of Ambush Engraving
The Master Of Ambush Engraving increases the damage for successful back attacks by 5% at level 1. At level 2, the damage for successful back attacks is increased by 12% and at level 3, it is increased by 25%.
Lost Ark is a recently released MMO Action Role Playing Game co-developed by Tripod Studios and Smilegate RPG. The Paladin is one of many builds in Lost Ark and this guide has highlighted the best engravings for the Paladin so the players can bring out their build’s full potential. For a more detailed guide that focuses solely on engravings, consider reading our Lost Ark Engravings guide.
Lost Ark features numerous builds such as the Shadowhunter, Glaiver, Summoner, Deathblade, and Berserker builds. With many builds in Lost Ark, players are encouraged to experiment with different builds to find which works best for them.
Next: Lost Ark Proxima Boss
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍