Wild Greens are an important part of the years of Zelda’s Tears of the Kingdom, as they will allow the players to make porridge for the grandmother in the Kakariko village. They are also necessary to progress in the main storyline. You must obtain Wild Greens to complete the gloom-borne illness guest. This will help Lasli to make the porridge for the illness treatment.
How To Get The Wild Greens
In order to find the Wild Greens, you will have to first start the gloom-borne illness side quest in Tears of the Kingdom.To first start the quest, you will have to go to the Kakariko village and visit its eastern side. After that, you will come across Lasli right in front of a small house. You will have to interact with Lasli, and she will tell you that her grandmother has fallen ill and been diagnosed with a gloom-borne illness.
- Furthermore, the gloom near her village has made her health way worse, and she needs to get some ingredients to make a special porridge to treat her.
- It will require ingredients like Sundelions, Fresh Milk, Hylian Rice, as well as Wild Greens.
- You will be able to use the Sundelions or any other Tears of the Kingdom Wild Greens depending upon the availability of your ingredients; however, I do recommend using Sundelions for Wild Greens as they are easier to find.
Getting The Wild Greens
While there are no Wild Greens in Tears of the Kingdom, as it is actually an umbrella term for different plants in many locations which have different uses in cooking and crafting.The Sundelions are recommended for the veggie porridge as they will help you eliminate the gloom-born illness easily. You will also have to get fresh milk and Hylian rice.
- To get the Sundelion plants or Wild Greens, you will have to go to sky island and explore its different locations on the map in Tears of the Kingdom.
- They look like a star with black edges, and you will be able to find a whole lot of them, especially at night.
- This is because they give off a slight glow and reflect light making them easier to spot.
- If you were collecting random items, you would already have enough Sundelion plants in your inventory to help make the porridge to treat the gloom-borne illness.
- You will be able to spot them easily around the Island as they will be reflecting light.
- In case you do not have them in your inventory already, you can always visit the Great Sky Island to get some of them.
Most of the Sundelion plants are located on bravery island.They are found almost everywhere on this Island and can be collected easily.
- In case you want to make a quick trip, there make sure to activate the Simosivak Shrine and enable fast travel to get to the sundelion plants.
- In case you want to use other Wild Greens like Hyrule Herb instead of the Sundelions, you can do so for the porridge. However, I recommend using the Sundelions only as it has gloom treatment abilities.
- A good tip is to collect any plants you come across your way during exploration, as they will be a part of other recipes in Tears of the Kingdom as well.
- The coordinates of sky island are –2184, 0966, and 1637.
- To get to the Island easily, you can launch from Lindor’s Brow Skyview Tower.
- Also, keep your trusty paraglider for this journey, as you must use it to get across this area.
Buying Hylian Rice
To complete the quest, you must use another ingredient besides the Wild Greens, the Hylian rice.Thankfully you will be able to buy the Hylian rice by going to the east wind general goods store. This store is located in the Hateno Village on the southwestern side of the map.
- These rice will cost you 12 rupees and are one of the cheapest commodities in Tears of the Kingdom.
- You will also be able to get them in the Korok Forest, Gerudo Town as well as Zora‘s Domain, and other places in Hyrule Kingdom.
- Keep a lookout for the trading merchants, as they will be selling quite a lot of them.
- Also, make sure to check different stores in the cities as well to get Hylian rice.
- If you don’t have enough credits to buy them, you can go to the ponds like the one in Rabella Wetland Skyview Tower to get the grass that will allow you to get Hylian Rice drops.
- However, you must travel to East Necluda to get these Hylian Rice drops. Also, remember they are extremely low in drops, and if you want to get a lot of Hylian rice, you might have to spend a lot of time collecting them.
- You can also try to look in the Lurelin Village near the Sifumim Shrine for some Hylian rice.
- Besides using them in the porridge along with Tears of the Kingdom Wild Greens, you will need the rice to make white dye in the Hateno village location’s dye shop and in many Lucky Clover Gazette quests.
- These are a significant part of many important dishes like the crab risotto and the porridge you will need to create the gloom-borne illness.
- You can also use it in the meat and rice bowl recipe, which is a great way of restoring your health.
Getting Fresh Milk
The last ingredient you will need to make the Wild Greens porridge and conclude the quest is fresh milk.Unfortunately, you won’t be able to find fresh milk in the Hyrule Kingdom. However, you can visit the Hateno Village for some.
- The coordinates for the village are 3610, -2167, and 0177. You will be able to interact with Dantz, that will be outside the Hateno Pasture. After interacting with him, you will be able to get fresh milk for three acorns.
- Other than that, you will be able to purchase fresh milk as well for 12 credits from the shops in Hateno Village.
- While you will be using fresh milk in the veggie porridge along with the Tears of the Kingdom Wild Greens, you will also be able to use it in different Soups and Stews including Creamy Seafood Soup, Pumpkin Stew, Carrot Stew, Creamy Meat Soup, Cream Of Vegetable Soup and Cheesy Tomato.
Making Wild Greens Porridge
After successfully collecting all the ingredients, you will need to cook them and then interact with Lasli.She will have a cooking pot right in front of the house, and you just need to put all the ingredients in the pot to cook them.
- After that, you need to make the veggie porridge and give it to Lasli. She will feed the porridge to her grandmother and cure her disease.
- Now that her grandmother is cured, you will be able to purchase the Sheikah fabric, Stealth Armor, and Radiant Armor at very low prices.
- You will get the Sheikah fabric to use for your paraglider for free. Make sure to look at other stuff, as it will be quite cheaper now, and you will get to purchase a lot of powerful weapons and armor to use in your journey ahead.
Summing It Up
With this, I conclude my detailed guide on the Wild Greens and their uses in Zelda’s Tears of the Kingdom as well as its map location. While at it, don’t forget to read the best armor sets in the Tears of the Kingdom guide, where you can see the performance and efficiency of the top-tier armor sets.
You can also check out the detailed guide on the right leg depot in Tears of the Kingdom and how to solve it. While at it, don’t forget to check out the detailed soldier armor set guide and how to get the bargainer statues and their locations.
You can also read the guide on doing the broken slate and some of the best builds. I will also suggest reading the guide on the best arrow farming methods in Tears of the Kingdom and how to infiltrate the Yiga clan hideout.
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: All Bosses
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: How To Get Cold Resistance
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Archaic Warm Tunic
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: How To Get Hylian Shield
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍