- The Star Wars Jedi franchise of action-adventure Soulslike titles has been fairly successful thus far, and is a high-budgeted IP that has raked in quite the sales figures and revenue over time.
- Considering the overall appeal of Star Wars Jedi and the way the ending was formulated in Jedi: Survivor, expecting a sequel to be in the works is only rational, and Cal Kestis’ VA has luckily spilled the beans on this himself.
- According to Cameron Monaghan, the actor who played Cal Kestis in the Star Wars Jedi games, a sequel to Survivor is in the works, and when the studio is ready, an announcement will be made accordingly.
Taking the stage at the Ocala Comic Con 2023, the voice actor of Cal Kestis—the protagonist in the critically acclaimed Star Wars Jedi games, namely Fallen Order and Survivor—has seemingly confirmed that a third game in the franchise is in the works and that when the time is right, an announcement will be made to make the matter official. Given the success of the IP so far, a sequel to Survivor was on the cards.
Feel free to skip over to the 43:00 mark in the following video uploaded to YouTube by a fan to catch Cameron Monaghan — the face of Cal Kestis in the Star Wars Jedi titles — in action, confirming that a third title in the Star Wars Jedi series is actually in active development, and when the devs are comfortable enough, they’ll come out with the sequel to the rest of the world.
Addressing the audience, Cameron says,
We’re working on the third, and we’re in the process of doing it right now, so you know [laughs] that’s a big undertaking and it’s been some conversation so far, but yeah. Hopefully, when all things are said and done, we’ll be able to go in and make something really cool for you guys again.”
Surprisingly enough, it’s interesting to note that this news comes from the Star Wars Jedi’s protagonist himself, and not EA nor Respawn, which is the developer, but thus, can be taken as some sort of official confirmation. Looking back, the way the two Souslike titles have delivered up until now does expectedly green-light the sequel, considering their overall success from the side of fans and critics alike.
Related Content to Check Out:
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s New Patch Brings Fixes For Some Major Issues
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Crosses 67,800 Steam Players, Surpassing Fallen Order
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Gets Decent Discount On Multiple Retailers Online
For those that missed it, Stig Asmussen, the director of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, recently departed EA to participate in other ventures, leaving players concerned about the franchise’s future. Apparently, though, things seem to be proceeding swiftly over at Respawn’s end, given how Cameron has confirmed the under-the-works state of the third Star Wars Jedi game.
Moreover, a little over two weeks ago, Respawn added 60 FPS support for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation players, not to mention Variable Refresh Rate for the latter as well. The devs remain consistent in pushing out patches for Jedi: Survivor in an attempt to keep the gameplay stable and smooth. Oh, and in case you’re still waiting to purchase the title. now might be a good idea to head over to Best Buy and take the $20 discount that’s currently up for grabs.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launched on April 28, 2023, for a myriad of platforms, including Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍