If you find yourself struggling through the late-game phase of Elden Ring, the Church of Repose is a must-visit location. The major bump in difficulty after coming to the Mountaintops of the Giants, with stronger mobs, terrain, and bosses, is where the Church comes into play. It offers valuable items to your build, including one of the best katanas and the rarest Upgrade Materials in the game.
- The Church of Repose lies in the deep southern region of the Mountaintops of the Giants, a late-game biome in Elden Ring.
- Start from the Giant’s Gravepost Site of Grace, head up the mountain, and players will eventually find the Church of Repose next to the skull of a giant.
- Outside the Church, players will have to face an invasion by Okina, the Bloody Finger NPC.
- Killing Okina will reward the Rivers of Blood katana and the Okina Mask.
- Once players are done with him, go inside the church, and take the Site of Grace as well as the Sacred Tear next to Marika’s Statue.
- Besides that, players can also get an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone inside the giant skull’s eye east of the Church.
How To Reach The Church Of Repose?
The Church is located near the Fire Giant‘s arena on the southern edge of the Mountaintops of the Giants. You can start your journey from the Giant’s Gravepost Site of Grace near the chained bridge past the Guardian’s Garrison.
- From the Site of Grace, head straight down the southwest path past the dead trolls, staying close to the base of the cliff on your left.
- Continue your way up the mountain and take the first right, where you’ll come across a Troll fighting 2 Monstrous Crows.
- Avoid their fight and proceed up the mountain, and eventually, you’ll see a giant humanoid skull atop a pile of boulders in front of you, with the Church of Repose to the skull’s right side.
Fighting Okina At The Church
Before you enter the Church of Repose, you’ll have to face an NPC invasion by the Bloody Finger Okina. This NPC has two katanas, one of which is the Rivers of Blood, which he’ll use to attack you. After killing him, you’ll receive the Rivers of Blood, one of the strongest bleed weapons in the game, and Okina’s Mask, a special head armor piece that raises Dexterity at the cost of Focus.
How To Beat Bloody Finger Okina?
With possession of the Rivers of Blood, Okina is a difficult foe to take down. He has strong mobility, range, and, most of all, damage. However, he does have a few outlying weaknesses that you can take advantage of:
- Okina has extremely weak poise, so you can use Greatswords or Colossal Weapons to stagger him regularly.
- You can also parry him once he uses his Rivers of Blood’s Ash of War, which he regularly spams.
- Incantations and Sorceries can also effectively stagger him, so use your posture-breaking spells as much as you can.
- Another trick is to lure him out of the Church and to the aforementioned Troll’s battle with the Monstrous Crows.
- His elusive AI will eventually hit one of the other hostiles, turning their agro towards him and making your job of killing him a lot easier.
Inside The Church
Once you’ve killed Okina, you can head inside the Church from the main entrance and touch its Site of Grace. In front, you can grab the Sacred Tear beneath Queen Marika’s statue and use it to upgrade your Crimson Tear and Cerulean Tear Flasks.
Besides that, you can also find an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone just outside the Church close to the giant skull’s mouth. You can give this Legendary item to Hewg at the Roundtable Hold to upgrade any of your regular weapons to +25.
That wraps up our guide on the Church of Repose, which may be a brief location but has some of the most valuable items in the world of the game.
Visiting the Church can single-handedly prepare you for the game’s excruciating later half, giving you a Flask enhancement, a Legendary Upgrade Material, and one of the best weapons in the game. You can also explore this Subreddit Post, where you can learn how to get to this crucial location early on.
For more overpowered weapons, here’s a guide on the Moonveil Katana’s location. Especially Katanas, You can also explore other important churches in the game by checking out the Church of Inhibition. Besides that, consider reading our guide on How To Get To Nokron, The Eternal City, which can also massively improve your build with its enticing loot.
- Elden Ring: How To Beat Juno Hoslow
- Elden Ring Ranni Quest
- Elden Ring: How To Upgrade Spirit Ashes
- BEST Bows in Elden Ring
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍