Final Fantasy 16 introduces the new elemental abilities called Eikons that give Clive abilities he can utilize during his journey. Multiple Eikons are useful in different kinds of situations, and Clive can summon different spirits to use their Eikons against his enemies. In the early game, the player doesn’t really have a choice and has to with the Phoenix Eikon, however, as Clive goes ahead on his journey, more Eikonic abilities are unlocked. In this guide, we are going to discuss the best Best Garuda Eikonic Abilities in FF16 you can utilize to the fullest.
Just in case you’re struggling in beating Garuda in FF16, you should watch the following video:
Best Garuda Abilities To Have In FF16
Here is an overview of Garuda’s abilities you should not skip & get them as soon as possible:
|Serial Number||Garuda Ability||Best Usage|
|1||Gouge||Consistent damage output, great for breaking down enemy health efficiently.|
|2||Rook's Gambit||Dodge and counterattack, excellent against human-sized bosses.|
|3||Wicked Wheel||Lift enemies for mid-air combos, limited effectiveness on heavier foes.|
|4||Deadly Embrace||Pulls enemies closer or launches Clive for aerial attacks.|
|5||Aerial Blast||Great for group damage, avoid using on heavier enemies.|
1. GougeAs you unlock Garuda, the Gouge ability can be accessed from the get-go. This is perhaps the most useful out of all Garuda’s abilities as it is just as important in the end-game as it is regularly. Gouge consists of a flurry of slashes that deal inflict significant damage against the enemy. It is by no means the strongest of the Garuda’s Eikon abilities, but rather the most consistent one—the wide range allows you to break down the health bar efficiently.
Gouge allows the player to throw in multiple sweeping strikes in mid-air, as well as on the ground. Moreover, this ability especially comes in handy against staggered enemies as the damage output increases with every attack.
2. Rook’s GambitRook’s Gambit allows the player to dodge an attack and immediately follow it up with a counter. Dodging is already a powerful defense in Final Fantasy, but when you retaliate against the enemy with multiple-clawed kicks, it becomes deadlier.
This counterattack ability can be utilized in various ways if you love trying out different combos—the game always provides you with multiple ideas. Rook’s Gambit is a good way to avoid damage against human-sized bosses later in the game–countering them with decent damage–though it isn’t that important of an ability in the end-game.
3. Wicked WheelUnlike the previous two abilities, Wicked Wheel enchants veterans more often than secondaries. This particular ability allows Clive to lift up enemies in the air through Best Garuda Eikonic Abilities in FF16 like the claw and make way for mid-air combos, not to mention setting them up for other moves.
While most Final Fantasy fans would get excited about this, it is essential to note that this ability doesn’t work on even remotely heavier enemies, and even if they do–in a fortunate case–Clive can miss the mid-air attack. Despite the flaws, Wicked Wheel is still incredibly useful situationally but shouldn’t be completely relied upon.
4. Deadly EmbraceDeadly Embrace is yet another powerful and incredibly useful Eikon ability of Garuda. Upon using this ability, the smaller enemies are pulled towards Clive, making them completely vulnerable to any sort of damage—providing you the freedom to try out powerful combos. The materialized Garuda’s claws extend toward enemies afar—efficient in getting rid of enemy healers and mages.
Against bosses or flying enemies, Deadly Embrace launches Clive into the air, allowing him to try out different aerial combos and break the enemies’ Will. Deadly Embrace is an effective ability regardless of the situation and can turn the tide of the battle at any moment.
5. Aerial BlastAerial Blast of the Garuda Eikon abilities in FF16 is a small tornado, consisting of wind magic that slowly hunts down the enemies on the battlefield. This ability is activated once Garuda is fully charged and hurls the windstorm onto the battlefield. Once the enemies are grouped together, unleash this ability and enjoy as twister pummels them into the ground.
While there is a chance that a player might get caught up in the attack, it isn’t hard to avoid it as there’s already a signal for players—lights on the ground. Useful as it may be, make sure you don’t try this ability out on heavy enemies, as it won’t be able to shatter them and may leave you vulnerable to powerful attacks.
Mastering the Eikon of the Wind, Garuda, in Final Fantasy 16 is an exciting and strategic endeavor. Each of Garuda’s Eikonic abilities offers a unique approach to combat, creating a dynamic battlefield filled with opportunities for strategic maneuvers and devastating combos.
There you have it, everything about FF16 Best Garuda Eikonic Abilities that I had to mention in the guide. for more amazing articles look at FF16: Blacksmith Blues 2, Knight Of The Splendent Heart Guide and Sekhret Location, Boss Fight & Rewards
- FF16: Bomb King Location
- Final Fantasy 16: Dread Comet Location
- FF16: Gobermouch Location
- FF16: How To Get Orichalcum
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍