The new NG+ update brought various new things, including the highly requested God Of War Ragnarok black bear armor. This armor set has been one of the most requested sets since players absolutely loved the fur cape fashion choice for Kratos during the opening hours of GOW Ragnarok. The armor itself is pretty simple to obtain, and the chest piece, along with the waist and bracers, both support unique evasion-focused perks to make them a fitting choice to use in combat.
- The popular Black Bear armor set is finally available with the recent NG+ changes, as it features a lavishing fur coat aesthetic for Kratos.
- Players can obtain the armor set as soon as they boot up their NG+ playthrough, as Kratos will already be wearing it at the intro sequence of God Of War Ragnarok.
- The cloak features the Shadow Strike perk, which allows Kratos to gain immunity after successful evasions and apply Bifrost damage to his enemies.
- The wraps of the Black Bear notably provide Kratos with a 20% damage increase to his melee attacks after you successfully evade attacks at the last second.
- Lastly, by equipping the belt alongside the wraps, you maximize the melee damage increase to 40%, which makes using this with Realm shift-focused builds much more viable.
- A few tips and tricks to keep in mind when using the armor set is that it can be greatly effective to take down tough boss fights as well as crowd-control tons of enemies in a given time.
- To upgrade the armor set beyond Level 9, you may need to acquire the Skap Slag, a new NG+ exclusive material found throughout via red chests and other activities.
How To Get The Black Bear Armor Set
The good news is, for many players, that you can acquire the Black Bear armor set as easily as right off the bat when launching GOW Ragnarok in an NG+ playthrough. Boot up a New game+ playthrough, and when you finally gain control of Kratos after the opening cutscene, he should have the entire armor set pre-equipped.
You can even hop into the inventory options to view the armor set too. There are no additional requirements to fulfill here, so you can obtain this armor set with ease to use and upgrade at your leisure. But for now, let’s look at each of the individual pieces and the perks of this armor set. It is also worth stating that the default level of the armor set in NG+ will start at Level 7 by default.
|Level 7||Default level|
The Cloak of the Black Bear is certainly the main meat of the piece here, as most players will want to have it equipped due to its magnificent fashion display on Kratos. You might be surprised to know that it also supports a hidden feature where if you wear other armor pieces, such as the waist piece from the Guiding Light Armor, it will slightly change its colors. Still, unfortunately, you might have to upgrade it to the highest level first.
- The main perk of the cloak is called Shadow Step, and it increases immunity duration while evading and last-second evading fire a volley of Bifrost shards.
- Shadow Step is pretty interesting here at first glance, as it may just be a great choice for the builds in God Of War Ragnarok that utilize Realm Shifts to stop time by evading attacks at the last moment.
- Bifrost is a fantastic applicator to shred through the health of enemies overcrowding you, especially on higher difficulty levels of GOWR.
|Level 7||Default Level|
The Wraps of the Black Bear armor set to showcase an onyx color around Kratos’ gauntlets, but what’s more interesting is its main perk which goes quite in combination with the waist since they both feature the same perk but with a bonus if both pieces are equipped.
- Shadow Strike II makes Kratos’ first melee attack immediately after evading dish out increased damage.
- The total damage that can be provided is 20%, at least by a single piece of this or either the belt.
|Level 7||Default level|
Lastly, the belt of the black bear set isn’t too distinctive in appearance as it blends fairly well with the other pieces in its default level colors. By equipping both this and the black bear wraps, you will be able to dish out a total of 40% increased melee damage after evades, which in our opinion, makes it worthwhile to use it as a complete set with the wraps.
Useful Tips And Tricks
- In our experience with GOW Ragnarok, this armor might prove highly effective against the Aesir enemies as they tend to be aggressive, so timely using evade and using the Shadow strike perks may help you gain an edge.
- The Black Bear armor set is also viable against the endgame bosses of God of War Ragnarok, such as Gna as well as the Berserker King, Hrolf.
- Bifrost essentially allows you to apply a detonator effect to enemies. On impact, after being affected by the Bifrost, you can make them explode, almost instantly killing them.
- By the time you get access to the armor, you will have enough resources to instantly upgrade it to Level 9, but afterward, you may need to acquire the new materials called the Skap Slag to further enhance it.
- Skap Slag itself can be found readily throughout your NG+ playthrough via red chests, closing realm tears around the world, and by also completing the Muspelheim Trials.
Summing It Up
According to the following Subreddit Post, a user pointed out how the God Of War Ragnarok Black Bear armor can essentially change colors when paired with different armor. While you may first need to min-max the armor to do that, it is more than enough of a reminder of how Santa Monica never ceases to impress fans with their affection for the franchise.
Whether you have Atreus by your side or even Freya, GOW Ragnarok is an absolute rollercoaster of emotions as it profoundly showcases why it’s the winner of several awards and accolades in the industry. The gameplay also never boils down any bit, as by using the Best Shields along with your favorite weapons, such as the Blades of Chaos, you can go to town enemies in order to save the Nine Realms from utter destruction.
- How To Get Secret Ending In God Of War Ragnarok
- Games Like God of War Ragnarok
- God Of War Ragnarok Return Of The River
- God Of War Ragnarok: The Burning Skies Favor
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍