Elden Ring has a plethora of bosses, and each boss is unique with their deadly attacks. Still, all are capable of making gamers frustrated as they struggle to defeat them. Mohg, The Lord of Blood is no different as gamers have struggled to beat him. With his annoying move set like the red rings and dark wings to aid him in flight, beating him can be quite the challenge. However, the painstakingly difficult fight will become child’s play with the Elden Ring Mohg, Lord of Blood Cheese that is about to be discussed.
- Bind Mohg with Mohg Shackle 3 times before the fog wall, then attack together while counting your strikes.
- Be cautious of stagger, as it can free Mohg.
- If Mohg breaks free, use long-ranged weapons or spells like Comet Azur.
- To attack continuously without staggering Mohg, use the Scarlet Rot incantation.
- For a warrior approach, stack Golden Seeds and Sacred Tears.
- Mix Crystal Tear and Flask of Wondrous Pysick at a site of grace to negate Mohg’s curse and heavy damage.
- Melee builds like Vampire or Greatsword can employ Mimic Summon for a better chance against Mohg.
Mohg, Lord of Blood Cheese Method In Elden Ring
Unlike some other annoying bosses such as the Godskin Duo or the Fire Giant, Mohg is an optional boss. However, he can be put in the same leagues as Radahn in terms of difficulty. The fight with Mohg takes place in the Mohgwyn Palace. The exact location and how to get to him are discussed in a later section. While you’re at it, why not read our Elden Ring Bosses Tier List and learn about the toughest bosses in the game.
There used to be a Cheese before the patch where one could get into the arena from the side of the fog wall, leaving Mohg frozen in one spot. That would allow you to simply hit him as many times as needed to kill him. However, since Patch 1.03, it does not work. But there is a new cheese method now.
Once you do get to him, there are a few things you need to do, and you will also be needing an item, Mohg’s Shackle, which can help you finish the fight in a flash. On the subject of items in the game, read our Elden Ring Item Tier List.
Mohg’s Shackle Location
For the Elden Ring Mohg Cheese, you will need Mohg’s shackle to tie him down. You can easily get to the shackles from the Leyndell Catacombs Site of Grace in the Subterranean Shunning Grounds. These grounds are known to have a Rune arc as well as a Stonesword key that you can use on Imp Statues.
There is also another boss on these grounds called the Mohg, the omen. However, that is not the boss we are focused on, and neither does the cheese that is about to be discussed work on him.
Regardless, once you reach Leyndell Catacombs Site of Grace, take the steps going upstairs and head left into the sewers. There will be two lobsters guarding the item, but you can run across them to the right. Mohg’s shackle will be on the floor, and you can pick it up easily.
Using the Mohg’s Shackle
To perform the Elden Ring Mohg Cheese:
- Obtain Mohg’s Shackle.
- Stand next to the fogged wall where you fought Mohg (die to him first if it’s your first encounter).
- Use Mohg’s Shackle three times at the wall’s edge to bind Mohg in one spot.
- Enter the fogged wall, and Mohg will be stationary.
- Attack him carefully to deplete his health, avoiding melee staggering.
- Consider ranged weapons or spells like Comet Azur or Rotten Breath for continuous damage.
This strategy ensures an easier encounter with Mohg in Elden Ring.
For a fair fight against Mohg in Elden Ring:
- Ensure ample healing resources like Golden Seeds andSacred Tears to counter his health-draining red rings.
- Craft a potion using Purifying Crystal Tear from Eleonora (Second Church of Marika) to nullify the curse effect from Mohg’s attacks.
- Consider using summons like Mimic Summon for melee builds or spells like Comet Azur for a strong ranged approach.
- The Astrologer build and Comet Azur build are effective choices against Mohg, allowing you to deal significant damage as he approaches.
Mohg, Lord of Blood Location In Elden Ring
If you have not reached Mohg yet and need guidance on getting to his location, then this part is for you. As Mohg is an optional boss, you can avoid him till you’ve equipped yourself well. Regardless of when you go to fight Mohg, Lord of Blood, there are two methods of reaching him. Either you can take the portal towards Mohhwyn Palace, or you can invade 3 players, which will give you direct access.
The portal that leads to the Mohgwyn Palace is located in the Consecrated Snowfield. As shown in the image, the portal is on a western ridge of the foggy snowfield. Suppose you do not have Consecrated Snowfield unlocked. In that case, you can do so by using the Haligtree Secret Medallion at the Grand Lift of Rold in Leyndell, Royal Capitol. The right half of the Haligtree Secret Medallion can be found in the Village of the Albinaurics. The left half is in Castle Sol.
You’ll know you’re on the right path if you get invaded by the Sanguine Noble. But once you go ahead, you will be able to spot the portal, which should be covered in blood. Going through it will teleport you to a cave. If you continue to make your way through it, you will be led to the Mohgwyn Palace.
Once you make your way out of the cave, head left till you find the first site of grace. From there onwards, you want to make your way forward into a bloody lake. Make sure you have your Torrent Horse, with you as you will need to avoid enemies while going past. You’ll eventually reach the Mohgwyn Dynasty Mausoleum.
Over there, a corpse will have the map fragment to unblur your map. From there, head left and up the stairs and continue to follow the path. There will be a gore pile that you can get past by jumping across. Eventually, you will be led inside yet another cave. Continue till you make your way out and, on your right, will be an elevator which should lead you to the boss fight.
White-Faced Varre Questline
To quickly access Mohg, The Lord of Blood, follow the White-Faced Varre Questline:
- Encounter White-Faced Varre at the First Step Site of grace at the beginning of the game.
- After defeating Godrick, find White-Faced Varre at the Rose Church southwest of Liurnia.
- Receive the Festering Bloody Finger from Varre and invade players three times.
- Agree to join Varre’s order with the Bloody Lord, then acquire the Lord of Blood’s Favor item.
- “Soak in the blood of a maiden” at the Church of Inhibition using the item.
- Obtain the Bloody Finger and show it to Varre to receive the Pureblood Knight’s Medal, granting access to Mohgwyn’s Palace.
With the Elden Ring Mohg cheese, the boss fight should become a lot easier. You practically get to skip all the fighting and his terrible second phase with dark wings. You also won’t have to worry about his red rings that suck away your health. But if you do not want to break his character completely, then there are alternate methods that you can employ as well.
Overall, it is a great fight where you do get a great rune and 420,000 Runes. The Runes are not as effective considering the many farming methods that are out there. However, it is still good to level up your character, especially if you use the cheese on Mohg early in the game.
Other Elden Ring Boss Beating Guide:
- How To Beat Maliketh
- How To Beat Dragonlord Placidusax
- How To Beat Godrick’s Great
- How To Beat Alecto Black
- Rennala Cheese Method
- Elden Ring Malenia Cheese Method
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍