Winged Scythe is not only one of the best scythes in Elden Ring, but it is also a great choice to start out your Faith Build additionally. You can obtain this weapon as soon as you enter Limgrave, and there is no need to fight a boss in order to get the weapon.
- Winged Scythe is located in Tombsward Ruins, which you’ll come across in the Weeping Peninsula region of Elden Ring.
- In the Tombsward Ruins, descend underground using the opening located somewhere in the middle.
- Kill the two pages underground and proceed to open up the treasure chest, which will give the player the winged scythe.
- Winged Scythe’s best build involves prioritizing the dexterity and faith stats in Elden Ring.
- Use the Claw Talisman, Two Fingers Heirloom, Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman, and Prosthesis Wearer Heirloom.
- Boost your dex and faith by mixing the Faith Knot Crystal Tear and Dexterity Knot Crystal Tear in the Wondrous Physick.
- The winged scythe works really well in PVP, but it struggles in PVE as most enemies are resistant to Holy Damage.
If you happen to have the Winged Scythe in Elden Ring, then here’s a summarized look at the build you should go for:
|Weapon Skill||Sacred Seal||Incantations||Wondrous Physick Mix||Talismans|
|Establish Order||Erdtree Seal||- Flame, Grant Me Strength|
- Golden Vow
|- Flame-Shrouding Cracked Tear|
- Faith-Knot Crystal Tear
|- Dragoncreast Greatshield Talisman|
- Erdtree’s Favor
- Claw Talisman
- Shard Of Alexander
Winged Scythe Location
The winged scythe is actually located at the Tombsward Ruins, which is an area present in the Weeping Peninsula region of Elden Ring. We’ll have to travel afar from Limgrave in order to reach the area, but you’ll get here with torrent in no time.
- Tombsward Ruins are on the opposite side of Castle Morne and its entirety, and we’ll have to use spirit springs in order to get here.
Once we reach the Tombsward Ruins in Elden Ring, look for an opening that takes us underground, as shown in the image above.
- It is fairly easy to spot the opening but make sure to stay clear of the rat enemies present in ruins.
- Once we descend, we will come across two Pages who can be tough to beat, but we can use spirit summons to make the fight easier for ourselves.
- After killing the enemies, open up the chest underground, and we will be rewarded with the Winged Scythe!
Best Build For Winged Scythe
With the stats covered, let us now look at the Scaling and Requirements for the Winged Scythe:
- Talismans: Claw Talisman, Two Fingers Heirloom, Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman, and Prosthesis Wearer Heirloom
- Seal: Godslayer’s Seal
- Wondrous Physick Mix: Faith Knot Crystal Tear and Dexterity Knot Crystal Tear
- Spells: Flame, Grant Me Strength
The winged scythe cannot be infused with ashes of war, and you cannot change the scaling of this weapon either. However, its default weapon skill, the Angel’s Wings, is already pretty broken, as seen in the following subreddit post, especially in PVP. Once we hit a player with that attack, they won’t be able to heal themselves using the flask of crimson tears for a certain period.
Stats To Level Up
- The winged scythe primarily scales with dexterity and faith, so you should primarily put our levels in these stats.
- Level up your strength stat until you reach the base requirement for wielding the weapon in Elden Ring.
- Aside from these stats, focus on vigor and stamina.
- The Claw Talisman helps boost our damage from jump attacks which is really helpful for weapons like scythes.
- Two Fingers Heirloom will boost our faith stat by five points which are needed during early/mid-game when we can’t properly distribute your level upgrades.
- The Prosthesis Wearer Heirloom works in a similar manner by boosting our dexterity stat by five points.
- Lastly, the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman considerably increases our physical defense so much that we can tank hits without even wearing armor sets.
- Use a seal only if you want to pair incantations with your winged scythe to make something like a Prophet Build.
- We can also use a seal of your choice, but we recommend using the Godslayer’s Seal as it is more balanced.
- We will have a lot of incantations to choose from if you decide to main the winged scythe in Elden Ring.
- As we’ll be spending the majority of our level upgrades in the faith stat, which will allow us to use most incantations.
- Again, the choice of using incantations depends on your playstyle, but we recommend that you at least use the Flame, Grant Me Strength incantation that increases your damage output.
Wondrous Physick Mix
- The Dexterity Knot Crytal Tear will increase our dex levels, whereas the Faith Knot Crystal Tear will boost our levels in the faith stat.
- Both of these will be helpful to boost the damage of our winged scythe as it scales primarily from the faith and dex stats in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring is FromSoftware’s magnum opus and their best work yet. It is the best RPG that one can experience with the build variety that it offers. Elden Ring also challenges your skill with some of the toughest bosses like Malenia, but it also provides the tools necessary to overcome challenges like spirit ashes. You will easily sink hundreds of hours in completing the game, and it gets even more fun if you play with a friend.
This concludes our guide on the Elden Ring Winged Scythe. We have not only entailed the exact location of the weapon but have also mentioned the best build for it in Elden Ring. We hope that the guide was helpful in learning everything that you need to know about the winged scythe. Let us know what you think about Elden Ring in the comments below!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍