Among the Archetype choices available to you, the Gunslinger stands as a beacon of raw firepower, relying on precision and agility to dispatch foes. If you’re keen to dominate the battlegrounds as this lethal marksman, you need to ensure that you use the best Gunslinger build in Remnant 2 to maximize its potential.
Remnant 2 Best Gunslinger Build Overview
Here is an overview of the best build for the Gunslinger in Remnant 2:
|Archetype Overview||Gunslinger||Specializes in high damage using fewer bullets. Relies on precision and agility. Doesn't prioritize melee combat.|
|Unlocking Path||Ultimate Edition or Mudtooth's Tales||Choose directly from Ultimate Edition or navigate through 25-30 Mudtooth's stories for unlocking after completing the Labyrinth world.|
|Second Archetype||Challenger Archetype||Enhances resilience, especially against intense onslaughts. Grants access to Prime Perk, Die Hard, and a chosen ability like Juggernaut.|
|Long Gun||Nightfall||Laser projectile weapon with a 10-bullet magazine. Can be turned into an automatic firing powerhouse with the Dreadwalker Weapon Mod.|
|Handgun||MP-60R||Fully automatic handgun, especially potent with passive abilities that boost fire rate and reload speed.|
|Melee Weapon||Spectral Blade||Lightweight katana suitable for rapid strikes. Complements the Gunslinger's agility.|
|Armor||High Noon Set, Nightstalker, Trainer||Armor sets that are lightweight to ensure mobility.|
|Amulet||Gunslinger’s Charm||Increases damage output and fire rate.|
|Rings||Fire Stone, Gunslinger’s Ring, Probability Cord, Wax Sealed Ring||Various benefits such as amplified burning damage, enhanced reload speed, increased critical damage, and boost to ranged damage.|
|Trait||Ammo Reserves||Focuses on increasing ammo capacity for both long guns and handguns.|
|Skills||Bulletstorm, Quick Draw||Bulletstorm elevates fire rate and boosts reload speed. Quick Draw is beneficial for dense enemy groups, firing six bullets swiftly.|
|Perks||Loaded, Swift Shot, Posse Up, Quick Hands, Sleight Of Hands||Range from refilling weapon ammunition, enhancing long-range combat capabilities, increasing ammo collection, reducing reload time, to reloading with a relic activation.|
Gunslinger Build Second Archetype
The Gunslinger excels in long-range takedowns but lacks durability. To address this, consider the second archetype, Challenger.
Challenger boasts innate resilience against heavy attacks, but when used as a secondary archetype, it grants access to its Prime Perk, Die Hard, and one chosen ability, like Juggernaut, which enhances melee skills and armor strength.
Combining Gunslinger with Challenger offers a balanced combat style, enabling you to deal damage while maintaining durability. To begin with, Challenger, obtain the crafting item from Ward 13 and consult Wallace for crafting.
Pairing Gunslinger with Challenger makes you a formidable force in Remnant 2, excelling in offense and defense. Alternatively, coupling Gunslinger with the Hunter Archetype maximizes damage output, making every bullet count.
Gunslinger Build Gear
While considering the gear for the best Gunslinger builds in Remnant 2, you need to consider three categories of weapons. The long gun, handgun, and melee weapon. Besides that, you need to consider other accessories such as Amulets, Rings, and Traits. The following are the best choices for each category.
Long Gun: Nightfall
Nightfall, a standout weapon in Remnant 2, fires laser projectiles and offers a decent fire rate with a 10-bullet magazine. Its true potential shines when you activate the Dreadwalker Weapon Mod, turning it into an automatic weapon with infinite ammo and an endless magazine. This is especially effective against tough foes and slower-moving bosses.
For increased critical damage, pair Nightfall with the Momentum mod when facing the Mutator. Targeting weak spots will deal amplified critical damage.
To obtain Nightfall, defeat the final boss, Nightweaver. Avoid targeting the luminescent chest section to ensure you receive the necessary item for crafting Nightfall, the Cursed Dream Silks. Visit Ava McCabe to transform these silks into the coveted Nightfall long gun.
Among handguns in Remnant 2, the MP60-R proudly holds a position in the top echelon.
- Its fully automatic nature makes it a force to reckon with.
- You can couple it with the Hotshot mod to further amplify its prowess.
- This combination ensnares foes with a lingering fire effect, continuously dwindling their health reserves.
- Gunslingers will find the MP60-R especially potent when used in tandem with passive abilities that offer boosts in fire rate and reload speed, complementing the handgun’s automatic attributes.
To add the MP60-R to your collection, venture to Ward 13 and seek out a concealed door accessible via the Cargo Control Key. The key is located in the room where you encountered Ford during the storyline’s commencement.
Melee: Spectral Blade
For those close-quarter confrontations, the Spectral Blade Katana emerges as the top recommendation.
- Its lightweight design ensures rapid strikes, allowing for multiple hits within short timeframes.
- Speed and efficiency are paramount when operating under the Gunslinger archetype, and the Spectral Blade embodies these principles.
- Each swing delivers a potent blow, and when paired with a few well-aimed handgun shots, adversaries stand little chance.
- Elevate its destructive capabilities by combining it with the Whirlwind mod, subjecting nearby enemies to a devastating tornado effect.
As for acquisition, the path entails besting the Sha’Hala boss in N’Erud.
- Upon victory, you’ll secure the Eidolon Shard crafting item.
- With this shard, some Scrap, and Lumenite Crystal, head over to Ava McCabe to exchange them for the Spectral Blade.
Surprisingly, the Armor is the least important concern for the Remnant 2 Gunslinger best build.
- You can go for many options, so you’re not bound to any.
- The only thing you should consider is that the armor you choose should be lightweight so that it does not restrict your mobility.
- A few suggestions are the Nightstalker or the Trainer Set, which can both be bought from Ward 13.
- The High Noon Set, which is the starting set for the Gunslinger, also works perfectly fine.
Amulet: Gunslinger’s Charm
For those donning the Gunslinger archetype, the Gunslinger’s Charm stands out as an invaluable amulet.
- It endows you with an enviable increase in damage output and fire rate.
- Its significance becomes even more apparent when discussing various perks.
Here are a few suggestions for rings for the Gunslinger Archetype build.
Ideal for those using the MP60-R equipped with the hotshot mod. This ring amplifies the burning damage, ensuring consistent health reduction of enemies even post the initial hit.
Tailored for the aggressive Gunslinger, it enhances both reload speed and the time taken to switch weapons. This is crucial for those moments when you’re running low on ammo and need to change weapons rapidly.
A ring that capitalizes on critical damage in Remnant 2. Wearing the Probability Cord ring, players can experience a significant elevation in critical damage, reaching a maximum of 30%. This becomes notably advantageous when aiming for the vulnerable spots of enemies.
Wax Sealed Ring
Focused on bolstering the Gunslinger’s ranged prowess. On equipping, players initially receive a 4% boost to ranged damage. This percentage can ascend to 12% within 15 seconds. Every enemy taken out by your ranged attacks further enhances your melee damage.
Trait: Ammo Reserves
Every facet of the Gunslinger archetype leans towards perfecting shooting prowess. An abundant supply of ammunition becomes a prerequisite to maintain dominance in confrontations. That is why you need the Ammo Reserves Trait.
- Upon investing your trait points here, both your long gun and handgun experience a boost in ammunition capacity.
- The focus of the Gunslinger’s accessories is clear: amplify reload speed and magnify ranged and critical damage.
- Consequently, the Ammo Reserves trait zeroes in on augmenting ammo capacity, ensuring you aren’t perpetually scavenging for bullets during intense skirmishes.
For those moments when ammunition becomes scarce, especially during challenging boss encounters or when besieged by hordes of adversaries, a trip to Ward 13 is recommended.
- Here, ammo boxes are available for purchase, replenishing your weapon reserves to their brim.
- Think of these boxes as your safety net, a final resort to ensure that you never find yourself unarmed and overwhelmed.
Gunslinger Build Skills And Perks
To maximize your Remnant 2 best Gunslinger build, using the skills and perks that complement everything else is important.
Skill utilization plays a pivotal role in mastering any build in Remnant 2, empowering you to stand confidently against a myriad of foes. A particularly impactful skill for the Gunslinger is the Bulletstorm.
- Elevates your fire rate by 20% and significantly boosts reload speed by 50% for all firearms.
- Transforms semi-automatic weapons into fully automatic powerhouses, ramping up damage output.
- Weapons, especially Nightfall, combined with the Dreadwalker weapon mod, become force multipliers due to the endless magazine.
- Your shooting range gets a considerable boost, enabling you to swiftly handle adversaries from a distance.
- Remains active for a solid 20 seconds with a reasonable cooldown period of a minute.
- When faced with dense enemy groups, especially in dungeons, the Quick Draw skill can be beneficial, firing six bullets in one go and swiftly neutralizing clustered foes.
Perks act as the silent guardians in Remnant 2. They’re ever-present, working tirelessly to elevate your combat prowess. As you journey from level 0 to 10, these passive abilities gradually unveil themselves, becoming stronger with each level progression.
Automatically refills weapon ammunition, granting unlimited ammo for a 5-second duration after skill activation. Initiate Bulletstorm when your magazine is empty for a seamless transition to a fresh round without the need for reloading.
Enhances long-range combat capabilities. Initial bonus: 1.5% fire rate and 2.5% ranged damage. After the level 6 upgrade: 15% fire rate and 25% ranged damage. Switch to an automatic handgun or engage in melee combat if enemies get too close.
Offers an additional 20% ammunition when collecting from defeated enemies or found ammo. The perk’s advantage extends to all team members, fostering a spirit of teamwork.
Reduces reload time by providing a 10% increase in reload speed. Combined with certain skills and mods, it can make even the most sluggish weapons fire at nearly automatic speeds.
Sleight Of Hands
Relic Perk reloads your current weapon upon activating a designated relic. For optimal results, combine with the Prime Perk to keep your magazines full for longer periods.
The Gunslinger Archetype is a class specializing in inflicting high damage using fewer bullets.
- When players adopt the Gunslinger as their primary archetype in Remnant 2, they aim to spearhead confrontations in new terrains and decimate adversaries.
- Its strengths become more pronounced when paired with potent armor and accessories.
- However, it’s worth noting that unlike certain archetypes, such as the Challenger, Gunslingers don’t prioritize melee combat.
- While melee encounters aren’t the Gunslinger’s forte, carrying a lightweight yet decently potent melee weapon can come in handy.
Unlocking The Gunslinger Archetype
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍