The final location in Remnant 2 is called Root Earth, which you can only access after completing all three main worlds. There are a lot of important areas and NPCs located in this biome, where you will be able to get powerful weapons and armor, including the Dendroid Set, after defeating enemies and bosses.
What Is Root Earth In Remnant 2?
The final location in the main campaign of Remnant 2 is the Root Earth, which has three major locations filled with rewards, and you’ll have to fight three main bosses in these locations to complete the game.
Below is an overview of the locations:
|Ashen Wasteland||Cancer||Hellfire Weapon, Steel Katana, Dendroid Armor Set, Reaping Stone, Dying Ember, Zania's Malice, Ankh Of Power, Haymaker's Ring, Resonating Heart Relic|
|Corrupted Harbor||Venom||Decayed Claws Weapon, Flyweight's Sting, Probability Code, Kinetic Cycle Stone, Escalation Protocol, Decayed Heart Relic|
|Blackened Citadel||Annihilation||Forgotten Memory|
How To Access Root Earth
In order to get access to Remnant 2 Root Earth and fight the boss, players will have to acquire 3 Index Segments from the three main worlds. After getting all three Segments from Losomn, N’Erud, and Yaesha, they will have to go to the Labyrinth.
- Next, you have to interact with the Keeper and use the Index to summon a Portal.
- This portal will lead players directly to Root Earth, where they will be able to explore three main locations.
Root Earth Locations
There are three main locations in Remnant 2 Root Earth that you need to complete to get rewards by fighting the boss, including weapons and armor. Below is a detailed walkthrough of all of these locations and the rewards you can expect.
The first area that you will cover in Remnant 2 Root Earth is the Ashen Wasteland. It looks like an abandoned city and has a lot of Root Enemies for you to fight.Fortunately, you won’t have to complete any other Dungeons, but there are some hidden spots that have a lot of rewards, including rare weapons and gear.
- As soon as you enter the Ashen Wasteland, you will have to look for a building and make your way to a highway. Keep moving forward until you reach a road full of enemies.
- From here, you will be able to make your way inside the building and fight some more enemies to get rewards like the Reaping Stone and Steel Katana.
- You will also be able to get an armor set, and after finishing the building, you will be able to obtain a weapon as well.
CancerThe main boss that you will be facing in Ashen Wasteland is Cancer. The weak spot of the boss is on its back, and he possesses a very high AOE, which can be tough to counter.
- One of its attacks includes using Root Tendrils to limit your mobility around the arena.
- As soon as the boss reaches 50% HP, his attacks will become faster and more powerful.
- After defeating him, you will get the Necrocyte Strand weapon mod as a reward.
After clearing the area completely, you will get the following items as rewards:
- Hellfire Weapon
- Steel Katana
- Dendroid Armor Set
- Reaping Stone
- Dying Ember
- Zania’s Malice
- Ankh Of Power
- Haymaker’s Ring
- Resonating Heart Relic
After defeating Cancer, you will be able to unlock the Corrupted Harbor area. As soon as you enter the region, you will come across several enemies.The most difficult enemies in this area are the two giant Root Walkers that you have to face.
- These enemies will constantly be spawning enemies with low HP.
- After defeating them, you will get a Relic as a reward.
- Here, you will be able to obtain the World Shard as well.
- Next, you must complete an event and face enemies, including Common Root, Root Launchers, and Root Elites.
- After exploring the area a bit, you will come across a control room that will lead you to another area where you can collect an Amulet.
- Make sure to explore the area until you find the final World Shard.
- Lastly, you will come across the main boss of the area, Venom.
One of the most challenging bosses in Remnant 2’s Root Earth locations is Venom, whose weak spot can be found on its chest.It is considered one of the most difficult bosses due to the variety of attacks it uses against the players:
- Not only will he use summons throughout the battle, but he can also use highly damaging melee as well as ranged attacks.
- Furthermore, the battle arena is quite limited, so dodging its attacks can be quite a headache.
- One of the deadliest attacks that Venom can perform is actually a melee combo where he will use his sword and launch toward the player to deal damage.
- At around 30% health, it will perform a special move where the boss will summon pillars from the ground that can deal massive damage if they hit you.
- After defeating Venom, you will get the Dread Core Skewer weapon mod as a reward.
After completing the Corrupted Harbor, you will get the following items as a reward:
- Decayed Claws Weapon
- Flyweight’s Sting
- Probability Code
- Kinetic Cycle Stone
- Escalation Protocol
- Decayed Heart Relic
The final area of Root Earth that you will get to explore is the Blackened Citadel. There aren’t many rewards that you can loot from the area except a World Stone.However, it does have a world boss known as the Annihilation, who uses extremely powerful attacks during battle. You will also be able to access the two NPCs of Root Earth, known as Clementine and the Keeper, after defeating the boss.
How To Beat Annihilation In Root Earth
The last major boss of Remnant 2 Root Earth is Annihilation, and it has two weak spots, one located on its body and one on its head.It is also the last main boss that you will face in Remnant 2. Defeating him will finish the Root of Corruption completely.
- Due to it being the last boss of the main campaign, it is also the toughest boss you will face so far.
- The boss fight will be in three phases, and it will spawn in the center of the arena in the first phase.
- In the first phase, the boss will summon orbs and use his sword to deal attacks on you.
- During the second phase, I recommend focusing on your defense the most and countering attacks as much as possible.
- The second phase will end after a cutscene, and before the third phase starts, you will be able to interact with the NPCS of Root Earth.
- In the third phase, the boss summons minions to attack you, and your main goal will be surviving. The minions are not that hard to defeat, and you will be able to obtain the Explorer Archetype after defeating Annihilation.
After defeating Annihilation, you will get the Forgotten Memory as a reward. Once you have completed the main campaign, you can return to Ward 13. With this, I conclude my detailed guide on Root Earth Remnant 2, along with all the rewards you will be able to obtain when you complete the location.
- Remnant 2: The Corruptor Boss Fight
- Remnant 2: How To Get Plasma Cutter
- Remnant 2: All Difficulty Rewards
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍