Magic Glintblade is a type of sorcery in Elden Ring highly dependent on the intelligence stat. This magic spell is capable of creating a sigil that will shoot out a lot of Glintblades and target any enemies nearby, dealing heavy damage to them. The best part about the Magic Glintblade is that you will be able to get it as starting equipment if you choose the prisoner class. However, if you have not chosen prisoner as your starting class, you will still be able to obtain it by buying it from a Merchant.
Let’s first have a look at the Build Summaries for Magic Glintblade Spell:
|Darkmoon Glintblade Build||Carian Glintblade Staff, Dark Moon Greatsword||Godfrey Icon, Stargazer Heirloom, Green Turtle||Glintstone Pebble, Unseen Form, Magic Glintblade||-|
|Death Blade Build||Prince of Death Staff, Golden Order Seal, The Sword of Night and Flame||Magic Scorpion Charm, Fire Scorpion Charm, Godfrey Icon, The Dragon Crest Shield||The Golden Vow, Flame Grant Me Strength, Black Flame, Ancient Death Rancor, Terra Magica, Magic Glintblade.||Spell Blade Armor Set|
|Frost Knight Harpoon Build||Clayman Harpoon||Great Shield Talisman, Curved Sword Talisman, Magic Scorpion Charm, Carian Filigreed Crest||Carian Retaliation, Ice Spear||Magic Glintblades, use spells like Scholars Shield, Terra Magica, Scholars Armament, Great Blade Phalanx|
How To Get Magic Glintblade
By using the Magic Glintblade, the players will be able to create a Sigil that will shoot out a glintblade at the enemy target. It is one of the fastest spells you can cast in Elden Ring, allowing you to perform a chain attack without any delay.
Make sure to set the enemy target by using the target lock button and secure the enemy; otherwise, you will miss them when you cast the spell.
You will be able to use the Elden Ring Magic Glintblade spell in two different ways.
Choose Prisoner Class
The prisoner class is one of the ten starting classes available in Elden Ring for the players to choose from.
While many players don’t go for prisoner class, it has a lot of benefits and starting spells and weapons that can be actually powerful for mid and end-game.
- They have high Intelligence and Dexterity, which makes them the perfect class to handle the Magic Glintblade spell.
- You will get the Elden Ring Magic Glintblade sorcery by choosing the prisoner class as a starting spell.
- Even if you don’t choose prisoner as your starting class, you will still need 14 Intelligence to cast the Magic Glintblade sorcery.
- After that, you will be able to summon a sigil that will fire short Magic Glintblades toward the enemy.
- The best part about it is that the Magic Glintblade blade and sigil will appear above the caster.
- Therefore you will be able to aim for the enemies precisely and decrease the chances of missing the attacks.
By Purchasing From The Merchant
Fortunately, even if you don’t have prisoner as you’re starting class, you will still be able to make use of the Magic Glintblade spell by going to a merchant called Miriel, the Pastor Of Vows, and purchasing the sorcery from him.
You can unlock the spell for 3000 runes which is a great investment for a good starting spell. Miriel’s Sorcery Shop is located in the Church of Vows found in Liurnia Of The Lakes. Also known as the turtle pop, you can find him easily in eastern Liurnia near the Church Of Vows.
How To Find The Merchant
Before you can go ahead and purchase the Elden Ring Magic Glintblade spell from Miriel, the Pastor Of Vows, you will have to perform a series of steps first.
First, you will have to go to the Church of Vows and speak to Miriel for the first time. He will talk about some history of the church and some information on Radagon and Rennala.
- After that, you will need to speak to him again to unlock him as a merchant.
- Then you will be able to purchase incantations and sorceries, including the Magic Glintblade as well.
- If you want to unlock more options, then you would have to present Scrolls and Prayer Books.
- The best part about the merchant is that even if you choose to give your Scrolls and Prayer Books to him, it will be a good investment as the merchant will not move from his place or die.
- After buying the Magic Glintblade spell, you can give your prayer books and scrolls to the pastor just like the Twin Maiden Husks at the Round Table Hold.
- This will be very convenient for you to buy different spells and incantations whenever you are in that area.
- In case you have Celestial Drop in your inventory while you are talking to the pastor of vows, then you will also be able to unlock an additional dialogue option that covers the Absolution.
How To Use The Magic Glintblade
Magic Glintblade has a lot of uses, and it can be a very beneficial weapon for you to use with the proper strategy. Following are some of the uses of the powerful sorcery depending upon the combat situation.
Magic Glintblade is considered a powerful weapon to deal damage to enemies from a distance. You will also be able to set traps for your enemies and attack them without coming in contact with them.
The best use of the Magic Glintblade is to use several of them around the enemy and in different areas of the arena and lock in your target to avoid missing any shots.
- The best way to use the Magic Glintblade is spamming it as much as possible.
- Since the release time of Glintblade is 4 seconds, you will be able to set up quite a few of them around your target enemy that will constantly hit and deal damage to them.
- This is why it is one of the best spells to consider if you want a quick and effective spell to eat up as much HP of your opponent as possible.
- By holding the spell for a few seconds, it will deal more damage to your enemies as well.
- Therefore whenever you think you will be able to charge your cast a bit, you should definitely consider doing it to get the most out of the spell.
Distracting The Enemies
Another great way of using the spell is to distract enemies.
If you have one of the players who enjoy a PvP Mode, then you can set a good trap using sorcery and confuse your enemies.
- The more glintblade Sigils you set up, the more will be the chances of the enemy being overwhelmed.
- After setting up quite a lot of sigils, your opponent will try to avoid the glintblades as much as they can, giving you a window to strike them using a melee weapon.
- Therefore, they won’t be able to defend themselves against your attacks, and you will be able to finish them off quickly.
- This will also allow you to avoid any incoming attacks yourself since the opponent will be too busy dodging the blades.
- After distracting your opponents, you can use other weapons or armaments to defeat them as well.
Input Reading Enemies
In Elden Ring, some certain bosses and enemies dodge any kind of spell and incantation you use against them.
They will dodge any consumable as well, and taking them down without using a melee weapon and coming in close range with them is very hard. These enemies include NPC Invaders and Malenia.
However, the Elden Ring Magic Glintblade sorcery will allow you to track them as it has a delayed cast. They will dodge the attack too early, which will allow you to hit them after four seconds of its Casting Time. Therefore when the enemies dodge before the casting time, they will be hit by the blades that fly out later. It is a great method to trick them easily without coming in close range with them.
Tips And Tricks
Following are some good tips and tricks to consider while using the Magic Glintblade sorcery.
- Whenever using the Magic Glintblade spell, it is important to pair it up with the Carian Glintblade staff. This is because it will boost the effect that the spell has on enemies.
- Remember to have enough stamina as it will cost 22 Stamina per use.
- Since it is capable of dealing magic damage, you will be able to hit your enemies from a distance without coming in close range with them.
- The players will be able to increase the input and damage of the spell by holding the cast. However, keep in mind that this will increase the casting time and fire time as well.
- By charging the spell fully, you will be able to do another cast without a charge to deal maximum damage.
- Ranged enemies can be cheesed very easily by using the spell. Since this sorcery will make a sigil on top of the caster, the players will be able to use them to block enemy attacks and set up barriers.
- The stamina cost required for Magic Glintblade is applied when casting the spell. However, you won’t be charged before you enter combat, and you can use this to your benefit. You can set up several sigils before entering the battle.
- It is also a great alternative to the Ambush Shard when coming in contact with shielded opponents. It is also great against slow enemies and lets you finish them off quickly.
- You can use the spell and set up a chain of them in a circle around the enemy target to overwhelm them.
- For fast-paced enemies, the players can try backpedaling. Therefore whenever you use the spell, make sure that your enemies are in the range of it.
- Any NPC invaders can be killed successfully by using the Magic Glintblade spell. This is because it has a delayed casting time which can counter their dodging strategies.
Best Magic Glintblade Builds
Following are some great builds that use the Magic Glintblade spell. While you can create your own build, the following uses weapons and armaments that complement the spell.
Darkmoon Glintblade Build
This is a great build that will complement Magic Glintblade sorcery and uses weapons and armaments that can increase its effectiveness. Following are some features of the build.
- This build will mostly focus on FP and use Dark Moon Greatsword and Carian Glintblade Staff as its main weapon.
- While you won’t need a shield with this build, you can use armor that will allow for med rolling.
- Talismans like Godfrey Icon, Stargazer Heirloom, and Green Turtle Talisman are perfect for this build.
- You will be looking to increase stats like mind and intelligence along with vigor as your secondary start.
- You can also use spells like Glintstone Pebble, Unseen Form, and Magic Glintblade.
Death Blade Build
Another great build that focuses on intelligence and faith while using Magic Glintblade as its main spell is the death blade build.
This build will also focus mostly on FP and use the Prince of Death Staff, Golden Order Seal, and The Sword Of Night And Flame as its main weapon.
- Like the previous build, you won’t need to use any armor with the build; however, make sure that whatever armor you use works great with your weapons. A good recommendation is the Spell Blade Armor Set which will boost the attack of night and flame sword by 2%.
- For that talismans, you can use the Magic Scorpion Charm, Fire Scorpion Charm, Godfrey Icon, And The Dragon Crest Shield Talisman.
- Your primary stats will be faith and intelligence, and your secondary stats will be mind and vigor.
- We will focus on skills like night and flame stance, and for spells, you can use The Golden Vow, Flame Grant Me Strength, Black Flame, Ancient Death Rancor, Terra Magica, and Magic Glintblade.
- The magic attack of night and flame can be great to use when you have destroyed your enemies using the Magic Glintblade.
- While you have distracted your enemies, you will be able to deal with highly powerful melee attacks on your enemies and make use of both magic and strength in your build.
- The mid-range magic spells like Magic Glintblade and fire damage are great to support your melee attacks. You will need them from time to time against enemies you don’t want to come in close contact with.
Frost Knight Harpoon Build
The build is perfect if you want to use weapons like spears or harpoons.
This build focuses on HP and FP, both with powerful weapons that complement the Magic Glintblade sorcery.
- For the main weapons, we will be using Clayman Harpoon along with any staff of your choice. For the shield, the recommended shield is Carrian Knight Shield and any armor that will allow you to Med roll.
- Talismans like Great Shield Talisman, Curved Sword Talisman, Magic Scorpion Charm, And Carian Filigreed Crest are our best for this build.
- Our primary stats will be intelligence, while our secondary stats will be vigor and mind.
- For the skills, we will go for Carian Retaliation and Ice Spear.
- In spells with Magic Glintblades, use spells like Scholars Shield, Terra Magica, Scholars Armament, and Great Blade Phalanx.
- You will also be able to block incoming attacks while creating a chain of powerful combinations.
- The frostbite status effect that the weapon is capable of doing can clear a huge HP of your enemy while you will be able to finish them off by using the Magic Glintblade sorcery.
Other Game Tips
With this, we conclude our detailed guide on Magic Glintblade and how to obtain it, as well as its uses in Elden Ring. While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our detailed guide on Elden Ring lux ruins locations, as well as items and equipment for the region.
You can also check out our guide on the star gazer ruins and how to get the tonic of forgetfulness in the game. We have also formulated a detailed guide on the purified ruins as well as our detailed weapons tier list to help you select the best weapons for your Magic Glintblade build.
While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our guides on the frenzied burst location as well as Lanya’s location in Elden Ring, which will help you complete one of the most important questlines in the game.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍