Elden Ring Smithing Stone Farming is essential as players use those materials to upgrade their weapons and equipment. You will have to collect a whole lot of them from the start of your journey until the very end while you explore the areas of the Lands Between. They are required to beat the hardest and toughest of bosses, as without a significant upgrade in your weapon, you won’t be able to make it to the end.
What Are Smithing Stones
- The Stones are capable of increasing the base damage of your weapons and also their Attributes Scaling.
- This includes Strength and Dexterity, which play a major role in the strength of your character.
- Smithing Stones will also help you level up your character and help your weapons to deliver more damage.
- Weapons like Staffs, Shields, Spears, and Blades can be upgraded by offering Smithing Stones at the Round Table Hold.
- Most of these Smithing Stones are found around the world and can also be obtained as Enemy Drops.
- However, if you are looking to get them fast, then the best option is to buy them.
- In order to get the Smithing Stones, you will need to collect Bell Bearings, and there are nine Bearings to collect in the game.
- You will be able to collect the Smithing Stones from early on in the game.
- They can also be found in tunnels and dungeons, but the best way to upgrade your weapons using Smithing Stones is to find a Bell Bearing and purchase it.
Types Of Smithing Stones
The players will be able to obtain Smithing Stones of three different types, with each type further divided into tiers according to their level. Following are the types of Smithing Stones found in Elden Ring for farming.
- Smithing Stones
- Somber Smithing Stones
- Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones
Here’s complete information on the type of stones:
|Smithing Stones||Limgrave Tunnels, Gael Tunnel, Subterranean Shunning Grounds, and Consecrated Snowfield, dropped by the Haligtree Soldiers, Bell bearing||Reinforce armaments up to +3|
|Somber Smithing Stones||Kingsrealm Ruins and in Sellia Town Of Sorcery, Selia Crystal Tunnel,Mountain Tops Of The Giants region||Reinforce special armaments|
|Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones||Side Quests and dropped by Bosses like the Knights Cavalry Boss and Wounded Dragons.||Reinforce special armaments up to +10|
First up, we have the regular Smithing Stones, which are further divided into different tier levels. With each tier level of Smithing Stone you obtain, you will be able to upgrade your weapon to certain points.For instance, if you get the Smithing Stone tier 1, then you will be able to upgrade your weapon from 0 to 3. Similarly, with Smithing Stone of Tier 2, you will be able to upgrade your weapon all the way to 6.
- Most of the weapons that you obtain in Elden Ring will only go all the way up to 25, and they will require a special type of Smithing Stone called Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- If you are looking to upgrade legendary armaments and weapons, then you will need the Somber Smithing Stones in Elden Ring.
- With each Smithing Stone, the cost will increase by 2 as you level up.
- Therefore, in order to fully upgrade a weapon, you will be required to get 12 of each type.
- However, you will be only required to find one ancient dragon Smithing Stone for a weapon or armament.
- While most of them are acquired in Tunnel dungeons, we highly recommend that you find Smithing Stone Miners Bell Bearing to buy them.
- You just have to give a bell Bearing to the Twin Maiden Husks located in the Round Table Hold.
- After that, you will be able to get the Smithing Stones easily.
Following are all the locations where you will be able to get the Smithing Stones In Elden Ring.
- The first Smithing Stone that you will obtain is located inside the Church of Elleh in the Limgrave. It will be located on the 1st Site Of Lost Grace when traveling through the Golden Path.
- You will also be able to obtain these Smithing Stones by going to the limgrave tunnels located on the eastern side of the Church and the north of the lake.
- Some Stones can also be acquired near the West Limgrave Statue found on the eastern end of Storm Hill Shack.
How To Upgrade
The players will be able to upgrade weapons by going to the Church of Elleh and interacting with the Anvil. However, the players will be required to visit a Blacksmith if they want to further upgrade and improve their weapons.
In Elden Ring, the players can interact with two blacksmiths known as the Smithing Master Hewg and the Smithing Master Iji. The Smithing Master Hewg is found at the round table hold.
While the Smithing Master Iji is found in the South of Caria Manor, located in the area near Kingsrealm ruins. Keep in mind that if you have started the Questline of Ranni, then you will be able to find the Smithing Master Iji in three sisters.
Bell Bearing Locations
After a significant amount of progress through Elden Ring, you will be able to obtain Smithing Stone Miner’s bell Bearings which are very important items in the game.
These items can be given to the Twin Maiden Husks located in the round table hold. After that, you will be able to purchase Smithing Stones in unlimited amounts. Following are the location of all bell Bearings that will allow you to buy Smithing Stones.
Smithing Stone Minor Bell Bearing 1
This bell Bearing will allow the players to purchase Smithing Stones of tier 1 and tier 2.
- In runes, the players will be required to spend 200 runes for Smithing Stone 1 and 400 runes on Smithing Stone two.
- The Smithing Stone one will grant a weapon upgrade level of +3. On the other hand, Smithing Stone of Tier 2 will cost you 400 runes and will provide a +3 weapon upgrade.
- The Smithing Stone miner’s bell Bearing can be obtained from the Crystalian boss after you defeat him in the Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel.
Smithing Stone Miners Bell Bearing 2
The second bell Bearing will allow you to purchase the Smithing Stones of tier Levels 3 and 4.You will be able to obtain the bell Bearing in a Sealed Tunnel located in the Altus Plateau.
- You will have to make your way to the Capital Outskirts to get it.
- This Smithing Stone of level 3 can be obtained by spending 600 runes, and it will grant you a +9 upgrade for your weapon.
- On the other hand, the Smithing Stone 4 can be purchased for 900 runes and will grant you a +12 upgrading your weapon.
Smithing Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing 3
For this bell Bearing, the players will be required to make their way to the Mountain Tops Of The Giants area. After that, they would have to locate a cellar found in the Zamor Ruins.
- By getting the bell Bearing, you will be able to purchase Smithing Stones of tier 5 and tier 6.
- The Smithing Stone of tier 5 can be purchased for 1200 runes and will give you a +15 upgrade in your weapon level.
- On the other hand, the Smithing Stone 6 will be purchased for 1500 runes and will give you a +18 upgrade for your weapon.
Smithing Stone Miners Bell Bearing 4
For the last bell Bearing, the players will have to fight the Godskin Duo Main Boss and defeat it.The boss will drop the ball Bearing as a reward and can be found in the Crumbling Farum Azula.
- The Bell Bearing will allow the players to purchase Smithing Stones of tier level 7 and tier level 8.
- This Smithing Stone of tier level 7 can be purchased for 2400 runes and will grant you a +21 upgrade for your weapon level.
- While the Smithing Stone of tier level 8 will grant you a +24 upgrade for your weapon and can be purchased for 3600 runes.
- These two Smithing Stones are most sought after as they upgrade the weapons to the highest level.
If you don’t intend to buy regular Smithing Stones, you can always farm them. Elden Ring Smithing Stone farming will allow the players to obtain the items to upgrade their weapons for free. The following are all the locations where you can find the Smithing Stones.
- You will be able to find the Smithing Stones 1 and 2 in the Limgrave Tunnels. For that, you will have to visit Limgrave and explore the northern area of Agheel Lake.
- The Smithing Stones 3 and 4 are mostly dropped by the miners and soldiers that you will face in the tunnels between Limgrave and Caelid. The tunnel is called Gael Tunnel, and it connects the regions.
- The Smithing Stone 5 is mostly dropped by aims that are found in Leyndell Royal Capital. You will have to make your way to the Subterranean Shunning Grounds to get the Smithing Stones.
- The Smithing Stones 6 and 8 are dropped by miners that are mostly found in Consecrated Snow Field Areas. You will have to search the Yelough Anix Tunnel to get the Smithing Stones.
- The Smithing Stone 7 is mostly dropped by the Halligtree Soldiers located in Elphael.
- The Smithing Stones belonging to tier level 5 are the rare ones. However, if you want to find more of them during your exploration, then you can try increasing your Arcane Stat.
- You can also use an item called the Silver Pickled Fowl Foot that will allow you to increase the chances of them dropping more. To get more of the Smithing Stone 6, you will be required to go to the consecrated snow-filled area.
Somber Smithing Stones
Another type of Smithing Stone that the players can collect to upgrade Special Weapons in Elden Ring is somber Smithing Stones.By using the Smithing Stones, the players will be able to upgrade some of the best weapons in Elden Ring to use against the bosses.
- There are nine different tiers of somber Smithing Stones, with each upgrading your weapon by +1.
- Most of the special weapons that you upgrade using somber Smithing Stones can only be upgraded to +10. However, for that, you will need a Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
Bell Bearing Locations
You will be able to collect 5 Somber Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing when doing Elden Ring Smithing Stone farming. After that, you will be able to buy the somber Smithing Stones, as they are much rarer to find.
Somber Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing 1
This bell Bearing will allow the players to purchase somber Smithing Stones of tier 1 and tier 2. The players will be able to obtain the bell Bearing by killing an enemy called the Falling Star Beast.
- The enemy is located inside the Sellia Crystal tunnel.
- You will have to make your way to Caelid in order to get the item.
- The somber Smithing Stone one can be purchased for 2000 runes and will upgrade your weapon by +1.
- Meanwhile, the Somber Smithing Stone 2 can be purchased for 3000 runes and will upgrade your weapon by +2.
Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing 2
This bell Bearing will allow the players to purchase Somber Smithing Stones belonging to tier 3 and tier 4.The somber Smithing Stone of tier 3 can be purchased for 4000 runes and will grant a +3 upgrade in weapon level.
- While the somber Smithing Stone 4 can be purchased for 6000 and gives a weapon upgrade of +4.
- The Bell Bearing can be acquired by defeating the Crytalian bosses in the game.
- You will be able to find them in the Altus Tunnel. The tunnel is located in the Altus Plateau.
Somberstone Miner’s Well Bearing 3
The bell Bearing will allow the players to purchase somber Smithing Stones belonging to tier level 5 and tier level 6.The item can be acquired by going to the Mountain Tops Of The Giants area.
- After that, the players will be required to go into the first Church of Marika.
- The Church is located on the southern side of Freezing Lake.
- The Somber Smithing Stone 5 can be purchased for 9000 runes and can be used to get a weapon upgrade of +5.
- On the other hand, the somber Smithing Stone 6 can be purchased for 12,000 runes and can be used to upgrade your weapon level to +6.
Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing 4
This bell Bearing can be acquired in the Crumbling Farum Azula.
- You will have to go to the Tempest-facing balcony to obtain the item.
- The bell Bearing will allow you to buy somber Smithing Stones 7 and 8.
- The somber Smithing Stone 7 can be purchased for 16,000 runes.
- It will grant the players a +7 increase in their weapon level.
- On the other hand, the somber Smithing Stone can be purchased for 20,000 runes and will grant a + 8 increase in weapon level.
Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing 5
The bell Bearing can be acquired in a tower located near the Great Bridge Site Of Grace.You will be able to find the building in the Crumbling Farum Azula. The Somber Smithing Stone 9 can be purchased for 25,000 runes and will grant a +9 increase in the weapon level.
You will also be able to farm somber Smithing Stones in different areas of the game. In case you manage to find a special weapon, then you will be required to get some of the somber Smithing Stones pretty early on in the game.Somber Smithing Stones belonging to the lower tiers can be found early on in the game. Below are some areas where you will be able to farm these items.
- The players will be able to farm somber Smithing Stones 1 and 2 in the Kingsrealm Ruins. They will have to talk to Master Iji to purchase the Stones.
- The players will also be able to farm the somber Smithing Stones 3, 4, and 5 in the Sellia Crystal Tunnel. For that, players will have to make their way to the Sellia Town Of Sorcery and look for a mine in the northwestern area. They will be able to farm the somber Smithing Stones from the Glintstone Miners.
- The rest of the somber Smithing Stones can be bought by using Bell Bearings.
Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones
The highest tier of Elden Ring Smithing Stone Farming that the players can acquire is the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.Elden Ring Smithing Stone farming is great for making normal weapons powerful. However, if you want to go a step ahead, then you will want to collect the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones to unlock the true potential of your weapons.
- The ancient dragon Smithing Stones will allow you to upgrade your weapons up to 25. On the other hand, the Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones will allow you to upgrade your weapons up to +10.
- Keep in mind that 10 is the highest level that you can obtain for any legendary or rare weapons and armaments you find.
- Getting this kind of Smithing Stones is the hardest in the game, and you will need to start a new game plus to get them. They are extremely limited, and you won’t be able to find many of these in Elden Ring.
- Therefore you should carefully choose the weapons that you want to Max out by using ancient dragon Smithing Stones.
Below are all the places where you will be able to find the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones.
- You can obtain a Smithing Stone by killing Loretta Knight of the Haligtree. After that, you need to locate a chest found nearby to get the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- You can also find one on a statue that is located in Miquella Haligtree. Keep in mind that it will be guarded by some beast men that can give you a tough time, so be careful. You will need to make your way to the Haligtree Town Plaza Site Of Grace to obtain the Smithing Stone.
- Another ancient dragon Smithing Stone can be obtained by slaying a wounded dragon found in the Crumbling Farum Azula. It will call down a red thunderstorm, so you have to be prepared before farming the Stone.
- You can also get one by going to the dragon temple and making your way up to the staircase. After that, you have to pass through a bridge to go to a nearby ledge. There will be a corpse on this bridge that will have the Smithing Stone.
- You can also get a Smithing Stone by slaying a dragon that is located in Crumbling Farum Azula on the Curved Path.
- There is an ancient dragon Smithing Stone located in the Yelough Anix Tunnel as well. You will also get to fight the Alabaster Lord Boss here, so be prepared while entering the area.
- You can farm the Stone by killing the Knights Cavalry Bosses located in the Consecrated Snowfield Region.
You can collect the item by completing certain quests as well.
- By giving the Gurranq to the 9th Deathroot, you can also obtain the Stone. The death root is located in the Bestial Sanctum region of Caelid.
- A large skull also holds the ancient dragon Smithing Stone, and it can be found on one of the cliffs located in the Mountain Tops Of The Giants. Players should look for the cliffs near the Church of Repose on the southern side.
- Another is found in the Great Wyrm Theodorix near the waterfall in the area.
- You can also get one by completing the Sorceress Sellen’s Quest and killing her in the end.
- If you talk to the Storm Veil Castle Gatekeeper, you will be able to get the ancient Dragon Smithing Stone as well after completing the Nepheli Quest.
- As soon as you complete the Nepheli Loux side quest, you will get it as a completion reward.
Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone Locations
There are eight somber ancient Smithing Stones that you can collect, and below is the location of all of them.
- By completing the Lattena the Albinauric’s quest in Elden Ring, you will receive the somber ancient dragon Smithing Stone as your reward.
- By completing Millicent’s Quest Line and going to the Malenia boss arena with the needle, you will get the Smithing Stone. There will be a flower when you defeat Malenia, and you need to interact with it by using the needle.
- In Crumbling Farum Azula near Leyndell, the Ashen Capital, you will be able to obtain the Stone from a corpse. The corpse is located near a balcony found by going on the pathway from the Dragon Statue.
By Defeating Enemies
You can also get a somber ancient dragon Smithing Stone when you defeat Anastasia. However, you can only get the item when you defeat Anastasia for the third time.
- By slaying the Wounded Dragon, you will be able to get the somber ancient dragon Smithing Stone.
- In the Prayer Room Site Of Grace located in Elphael, the Brace of Haligtree, you will find the somber Ancient Smithing Stone inside a chest.
- Outside the site of grace, you will also find another Smithing Stone by walking towards the east and interacting with a corpse.
- There is one in the chest that is found before the Mohg Lord Of Blood boss fight. To get the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone, you will have to face a group of Albinaurics as well.
Summing It Up
With this, we conclude our detailed guide on Elden Ring Smithing Stone farming locations and types. While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our detailed guide on the rivers of blood build and frenzied burst location in Elden Ring.
Don’t forget to check out our detailed guide on rock slings, as you will be needing them while farming the Smithing Stones. You can also check out our guide on the bloody slash location in Elden Ring.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍