Aside from HP and Stamina, players should know how to increase FP in Elden Ring. That is because it features a Focus Point (FP) meter mainly used for casting spells and performing Ashes of War, so learning how to increase it can be imperative. This blue meter’s overall usage usually depends on your build. However, you’ll often find yourself depleting this resource when using Ashes of War, which is something most builds utilize. As such, you’ll need to ensure you have enough FP to use against enemies and bosses.
- The Focus Points (or FP) meter In Elden Ring is primarily used for casting Sorceries and Incantations as well as doing Ash of War attacks.
- For players looking at how to increase FP in Elden Ring with runes, the most common method to do so is by leveling up Mind, one of the 8 attributes.
- Players can also increase their max FP or lower FP consumption by equipping specific talismans, such as:
- Cerulean Amber Medallion: Raises Max FP.
- Primal Glintstone Blade: Reduces FP consumption of Sorceries but also reduces maximum HP.
- Carian Filigreed Crest: Reduces FP consumption of skills.
- Marika’s Soreseal: Raises Mind, Faith, Intelligence, and Arcane.
- Assassin‘s Cerulean Dagger: Landing critical hits on enemies restores FP.
- Ancestral Spirit’s Horn: Killing enemies restores FP.
- Besides that, players can wear certain Helms in Elden Ring that roughly give the same benefit but to a lesser degree.
- Another way to increase FP usage is by amplifying items that replenish it, which include:
- Strengthening and increasing the charge of Cerulean Tear Flasks.
- Mixing FP-based Crystal Tears into the Flask of Wondrous Physick.
- Using Consumables like Starlight Shards and Rune Arcs.
Leveling Up The Mind Stat
Mind is one of the eight attributes that you can level up in Elden Ring. And just like how Vigor and Endurance boost HP and Stamina, respectively, this attribute raises your maximum FP. You can level up your Mind with runes while resting at any Site of Grace.
- Initially, you’ll notice slight incremental improvements when leveling up Mind up till Level 20.
- Once you hit Level 20, any further level-ups up to Level 60 will drastically increase your FP meter.
- After that, however, you’ll reach the stat’s soft cap and gain much smaller benefits for each level up, making the upgrade seem pointless.
- This mechanic ensures that you don’t dump your runes into a single stat.
- Therefore, once you reach Level 60 on Mind, it’s better to avoid boosting it any further and instead spend your levels elsewhere.
Using FP-Focused Talismans
Other than leveling up with runes, you can discover and equip talismans that either raise maximum FP or lower FP usage in Elden Ring. Either way, these minor add-ons become much more useful towards the late-game phase since their effects are influential regardless of in-game progression. A few talismans like these include:
Cerulean Amber Medallion
- If you’re wondering how to increase FP in Elden Ring with a single talisman, it doesn’t get simpler than this.
- The Cerulean Amber Medallion is an early-game talisman that boosts your maximum FP by up to 11%.
- You can also find its upgraded variants in Elden Ring that raise your FP meter by a higher percentage.
- It’s worth noting that once you equip this talisman, remember to rest at a Site of Grace to receive that additional FP.
Primal Glintstone Blade
- By reducing your maximum HP by 15%, the Primal Glintstone Blade makes spells consume 25% less FP.
- Since you reduce your overall FP consumption, you can drastically boost the number of spells you can perform without replenishing the meter with a Flask or item.
- As such, this is the ideal talisman for Faith or Intelligence builds that regularly use Sorceries and Incantations.
Carian Filigreed Crest
- Acting similarly to the previous talisman, the Carian Filigreed Crest reduces the FP consumption of skills by 25%.
- However, unlike the Glintstone Blade, this talisman does not have any drawbacks, making it an easier sell.
- Instead of Faith and Intelligence users, the Filigreed Crest is more suited to melee builds that frequently use Ashes of War during combat.
- Marika’s Sorseal is one of the best talismans in Elden Ring that raises your Mind, Faith, Intelligence, and Arcane by 5 levels each.
- Whilst the Soreseal also increases the damage you take from enemies, it’s fairly unnoticeable and hardly a major drawback.
- Not only does this talisman lift your maximum FP, but it also boosts the potency of your Incantations and Sorceries, making each chunk of FP consumption much more meaningful.
- Other than that, raising the Arcane stat strengthens the Ashes of War for Arcane Weapons, like the Corpse Piler on Rivers of Blood.
Assassin’s Cerulean Dagger
- The Cerulean Dagger is an offense-based talisman that restores 15 FP after landing a critical attack, so you’re constantly increasing your FP usage by regaining it with these attacks.
- You can perform a critical hit by either backstabbing an enemy from behind or attacking them immediately after a successful parry, also known as a riposte.
Ancestral Spirit’s Horn
- The Ancestral Spirit’s Horn is another offense-based talisman that 3 FP upon defeating enemies.
- Although it gives a considerably smaller return than the Cerulean Dagger, the Spirit’s Horn is a better choice when surrounded by a horde of enemies, so you’ll have a consistent supply of FP as you’re killing them.
- This is also the only talisman on this list that’s a Remembrance Weapon obtained after defeating the Regal Ancestor Spirit.
Wearing Gear That Enhances FP
Apart from talismans, there are also several Helms in Elden Ring that increase FP usage. However, most of these headpieces either give a negligible improvement or come with an additional drawback. Fortunately, you have several options to choose from, which include:
- Navy Hood: Increases Mind by 1.
- Cerulean Tear Scarab: Increases recovery from the Flask of Cerulean Tears by 10% but increases damage taken.
- Ash-of-War Scarab: Reduces FP consumption of skills by 15% but also increases damage taken.
- Preceptor’s Big Hat: Increases Mind by three but also diminishes your maximum stamina by 10%.
- Glintstone Scarab: Trims down FP cost of sorceries by 15% but increases damage taken by 5%.
- Incantation Scarab: Decreases Incantations’ FP cost by 15% but also increases damage taken by 5%.
Boosting FP Replenishment
If you’ve collected all the above gear and still looking for more ways how to increase FP in Elden Ring, you should consider amplifying your FP-replenishing items. The most common means of refilling your FP are by either using Flasks or using certain consumables.
By raising their potency, you can squeeze the maximum possible FP from these flasks and consumables, thus increasing your overall mana usage in Elden Ring.
Flask Of Cerulean Tears
The Cerulean Tear Flask is one of the starting items you receive that restores FP. This, alongside the Flask of Crimson Tears, automatically replenish once you rest at a Site of Grace and can be used several times, unlike FP-restoring items in Elden Ring.
- One way to increase the number of uses of your Flasks is by collecting Golden Seeds scattered across the map.
- These Seeds can be found either alongside the translucent golden trees or after killing an Ulcerated Tree Spirit.
- Once you find a Golden Seed, rest at any Site of Grace and go to the Flasks tab.
- Here, you’ll see the “Add charge to Flask” option that’ll turn the seed into a Sacred Flask.
- Besides this, you can go to the “Increased amount replenished by flasks” in the menu and use Sacred Tears to increase FP restoration by Cerulean Tear Flasks.
- You can also allocate flask charges between your Crimson Tear and Cerulean Tear Flasks.
- This mechanic lets you decide whether you want to prioritize resupplying HP or FP.
- To gather more FP flask uses, head back into the Flask menu and select the “Allot Flask Charges” option.
- This option will let you transform Crimson Tear Flasks into Cerulean Tear Flasks and vice versa.
Flask Of Wondrous Physick
- The Flask of Wondrous Physick, initially discovered at the Third Church of Marika in Limgrave, is a less usable but much more customizable Sacred Flask that you can use to increase FP usage.
- Despite a one-time use, it’s considerably more effective than a regular Crimson Tear or Cerulean Tear Flask.
- The Flask is essentially a combination of 2 Crystal Tears that each has a unique item effect.
- As such, you can mix the Wondrous Physick with one or two FP-focused Crystal Tears.
- There are 2 Crystal Tears that primarily boost FP, which include:
- Cerulean Crystal Tear: Restores half of maximum FP.
- Cerulean Hidden Tear: Temporarily eliminates all FP consumption when using spells and Ashes of War.
- Starlight Shards are consumable items that gradually restore FP.
- Their effect lasts for 60 seconds, and they restore 2 points of FP each second.
- You can primarily find these shards in most of the early-game and mid-game areas, including Limgrave, Liurnia, Caelid, and Mount Gelmir.
- You can also trade them for Spirit Ashes with Preceptor Seluvis at Seluvis’s Rise in northern Liurnia.
- Rune Arcs is another consumable that can increase FP usage in a unique way.
- Once used, they immediately activate the ability of your current-equipped Great Rune.
- Great Runes are rare items dropped by Shardbearers, including Godrick the Grafted, Renalla of the Full Moon, Morgott the Omen King, Starscourge Radahn, Praetor Rykard, Mohg Lord of Blood, and Malenia.
- Each of these shards possesses a unique ability that can be used after equipping them at a Site of Grace and using a Rune Arc to hone their ability.
- The shard you’re looking for is Godrick’s Great Rune which raises all your attributes, including Mind, which will increase your maximum FP.
- After defeating Godrick, head to the Divine Tower of Limgrave located east of Stormveil Castle to activate his Great Rune.
That wraps up our guide on how to increase FP in Elden Ring with stats, talismans, and other items. As mentioned, if you’re someone who frequently uses spells or weapon skills, then this might be the most common gauge you use in Elden Ring.
Furthermore, since it’s so important, you can even increase it by a decent chunk, even if you’re between a playthrough. In fact, this Subreddit Post discusses all the ways to increase FP without dumping runes into Mind.
Remember to test out and expend your tanky FP meter by equipping the ideal Elden Ring Mage Build. If you instead want to raise more important attributes like FP, here’s a guide on increasing Equip Load in Elden Ring. Also, consider reading up on How To Summon Spirits to strengthen your build in unique aspects further.
- Elden Ring BEST Strength Weapons
- Elden Ring Best Starting Class
- Elden Ring: How To Get The Great Jar’s Arsenal
- Elden Ring: How To Get To Nokron
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍